PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft agent

taly
06-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi there !
Is anyone using Microsoft agent that can recognize the voice commands and talk to you . It looks like a very interesting tool. Is it possible to download such application and use it ?

Speedy Gonzales
06-03-2005, 03:05 PM
There are programs that do use it. Mirc is a program that uses these agents.

BUT this is only so they "speak" whats been typed in whatever channels youre in.

This site http://www.4dev.com/ has a few programs that use agents too.

Talking Email, Talking Stocks, and Talk2Desktop

If u want a browser that listens to your voice Opera v 8 beta 2 does this.

You just have to install opera, and install a voice plugin. You just need a mic.

taly
07-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi Speedy! Thanks a lot. Downloaded Talk 2Desktop by 4Developers. Looks great and just what I was looking for.
Have some problems. It does not respond correctly. I am already using SR(speech recognition) and thought I don't need speech profile training, then did some training specially for Talk2, but still Marlin would not open most of the programs.
I have sent email to 4Dev meanwhile.
Do you have experience with those applications?
Regards
Taley

Speedy Gonzales
07-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Gidday Taly. Nope I dont have any of those programs installed at the mo.

Windows XP, if u use it also has speech, well it has narrator, this can read any text, whether its a website a document etc. It does a good job!

And if u have Office XP, this will dictate what u say and type. Which I cant do coz I have no mic.

taly
07-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Hi Speedy!
How come you don't have a mice? This program Talk2Desktop is just great.
Got it going. Will buy it. Just 30NZ $. Lots of fun. Now I am never alone.
Actually I am using Office word 2003 with speech recognition for dictating and it is ok for me.
Regards, and thanks again

Taly

Speedy Gonzales
07-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Hi Speedy!
How come you don't have a mice? This program Talk2Desktop is just great.
Got it going. Will buy it. Just 30NZ $. Lots of fun. Now I am never alone.
Actually I am using Office word 2003 with speech recognition for dictating and it is ok for me.
Regards, and thanks again

Taly

Have no need for a mic at the mo...I dont use Word that much, and have nothing else to use the mic for. And I cant BUY it coz I dun use credit cards.

Cant buy something with fresh air (BUT I wish u could).

taly
08-03-2005, 04:12 AM
Hi!
I have a spare mice headset. Can give it away, if it helps.