PDA

View Full Version : CPU running at 1250 49C TOO HOT?

Shane_55
06-03-2005, 07:09 AM
hello my adm processer is running at 1250 49C im just wondering is this to hot, could it burn out my chip any suggestions what i should do?

somebody
06-03-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi Shane, and welcome to PressF1.

49 degrees is not too hot for an AMD processor (in fact, many would say that it's reasonably cool). They are designed to run up to about 70degrees without causing damage, so you'll be fine.

chiefnz
06-03-2005, 07:26 AM
What is the CPU's stock speed or is it not over-clocked. If it is overclocked then it would depend on how much it's OC'd. 49 degrees is normal for a P4 chip I don't know bout the AMD ones though, but I would venture to say that 49 is probably reasonable. Have you got any case fans installed, if not then you should consider installing at least 1 in the fornt of the case to blow air into the case.

cheers

chiefnz

Renmoo
06-03-2005, 07:41 AM
49 celcius is all right. Typical processor can run up to 70 degree Celcius. As long as you have got a decent fan or any heat-dissipation system, then it would not inccur any problem. Cheers

MolotoV
06-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Wether Overclocking or not it should be runing between 39 and 55 to get a long life out of it

Shane_55
06-03-2005, 08:53 AM
my cpu fan is running at 4891rpm,the cpu is on its default setting 1.75 volts i got a case fan putting air in, but nothing takeing out air would you suggest i get a another fan to take out the hot air out.

FoxyMX
06-03-2005, 09:05 AM
hello my adm processer is running at 1250 49C im just wondering is this to hot, could it burn out my chip any suggestions what i should do?
It is not too hot but it does sound a little warm if that is the temperature when not under load but what is your case temperature? Does your case have plenty of good airflow inside it or are things a little cramped?

chiefnz
06-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah I would get a 2nd fan on the rear of the case to extract the air. I would suggest you get 120mm fans, they operate at lower rpm's but move the same amount of air as an 80mm fan.

Make sure you get a good brand though. I would suggest a ball bearing type fan.

cheers

chiefnz

Graham L
06-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Adding a fan to extract air could easily make things worse. If there's a path which air can take directly from the inlet to the exit, it will take that path. That will mean that the hot bits will sit in a stagnant area of hot air, with circulation away from there mostly by convection.

The important thing is to get cool air to the CPU and other hot components. That air, after it has been heated from contact with heat"sinks" then needs a way to leave the neighbourhood.

Anyway ... 49 degrees isn't that hot. But is it 49 degrees? Don't trust uncalibrated measurements. We've been here before. :(

Renmoo
06-03-2005, 02:48 PM
If cost is not a problem for you, get those efficient refridgerator cooling system where you install pipes around your CPU. That's, if cost is not a problem for you. Cheers