PDA

View Full Version : F1 takes 30 seconds to change pages????

frossy13
06-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Hi - I used to belong to this Forum but since you changed format I had to register again. Hey no problem.

I find the pages change and load up REALLY slow. My other web pages are ok just the F1 -very confusing :badpc: :confused:

Any ideas for me :confused: :dogeye:

Rob99
06-03-2005, 01:32 AM
Get Jetstream and Firefox!!

And if no Smilies are used pages should load faster, you can turn them off in your settings.

frossy13
06-03-2005, 01:51 AM
Well mmmmmm......

I guess I did get a bit carried away with the smilies lol
However this was going on before I got carried away.

Jetstream is not an option probably too many dollars and I don't have a problem with other sites only F1

I can literally go away and come back and still wait.

Reminds me of my old Commodore 64 (I love old games) I was able to downtown and come back and still wait for it to load.

But seriously any ideas

Rob99
06-03-2005, 01:54 AM
There is no reason for this site to be slow.

You could try Firefox with the Adblock extention installed to knock off the adds from the screen.

Ask your ISP for a different dial-up number.

Dannz
06-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Getting Between pages is slow for me as well and i use it on 2 different computers with 2 different operating systems (Linux and Windows). Linux has slightly faster loading in firefox
And i only have dialup

Cstchie
06-03-2005, 11:04 AM
There is no reason for this site to be slow.

You could try Firefox with the Adblock extention installed to knock off the adds from the screen.

Ask your ISP for a different dial-up number.

Hey where would i get that Adblock extention?

Metla
06-03-2005, 11:26 AM
tools>extensions>get more extensions.

Renmoo
06-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Well, from what I heard, Norton Antivirus 2005 has a feature that can block teh advertisement from appearing in a webpage. This feature might be capable blocking the flash advertisement from loading on the top of this webpage and thus save you some time loading preef1. (I hope I won't get kick out by PressF1 admins by saying this :) ) Cheers

Shortcircuit
06-03-2005, 04:25 PM
PF1 is 'noticeably slow' loading for me too even though I'm on jetstream, can take 5-10 seconds. I have adblock and flashblock on firefox. Maybe it's all the happy users who live on here all the time? :D

If you've got Firefox browser you can download both adblock and flashblock as Metla suggested from Mozilla extensions page. flashblock gives you a nice little 'f' that you can click on if you want to play the flash item. (can't for the life of me think why you'd want to do that!)

Murray P
06-03-2005, 04:44 PM
No problems here (128kb), a little faster on Linux than Windows using FF with adblock but not all elements blocked.

If you use FF, IMO, it's better to use it's adblocker than a firewall or other app. The extension is only 70KB and unobtrusive which I can't see Nortons doing as efficiently.

Metla
06-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Ahem.

Proximitron.

Browser independent.
Tiny footprint.
100% configuable.
Kills off far more then adds and flash.