PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox 1.0.1

Codex
05-03-2005, 02:22 PM
New version of Firefox out if anyones interrested, here's the link for all systems:

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/all.html

Enjoy :)

Codex

ILikeLinux
05-03-2005, 03:03 PM
A little late on the announcement arent you?

It's been out for at least a week has it not?

Codex
05-03-2005, 11:09 PM
not that ive known of

Rob99
06-03-2005, 02:09 AM
I had a little reminder icon show up on my tool bar to tell me an important update was avaliable. Firefox 1.0.1

Prescott
06-03-2005, 11:48 AM
is it just a little update patch or do you have to download the full browser?

Scouse
06-03-2005, 12:05 PM
24 Feb. ;)

sal
06-03-2005, 01:45 PM
is it just a little update patch or do you have to download the full browser?
You end up downloading the full browser again, even when going through Software Update. You can install over 1.0, but you end up with a double entry for Firefox in the Add/Remove entries.

Shortcircuit
06-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Although when reinstalling the new version you can import your bookmarks from the old FFox, could be a good idea to save your bookmarks BEFORE you install. Just export bookmarks and save as a file somewhere on your comp.

You will pretty much have to go into options menu and reset all the changes you had made in 1.0

There's a few other annoyances with 1.01 over 1.0 that I've noticed:

You will have to re-download any skins/extensions you had in 1.0

You can no longer hide the 'text' toolbar... file, edit, view etc to save space.

You can't collapse the toolbars into eachother to maximise browser window space. (This could be me as not sure if I originally downloaded an extension that allowed this)

If you hit a site that FFox blocks a pop up you will get yet another real estate hogging 'toolbar' under the tabs saying 'FFox has blocked a pop up'.

When you right click on a tab to close it there are 5 options in the box, with close tab the last one (really annoying if you're used to just right click>close)

The download manager now shows the dowload manager window and a 'pop up' at the bottom of the screen telling you 'your dowload is complete'.

If you're running your display at high resolution and liked using the 'Text size' option in web pages to make the text larger and more readable the options have now changed from 100%, 125% etc to increase/decrease.

The good news is that 1.01 loads faster and I can now install Config Mania which gives more options.

So far I'm not sure the good outweighs the bad, but it's still miles better than IE :)

Codex
07-03-2005, 03:32 PM
You will have to re-download any skins/extensions you had in 1.0
thats a complete lie, i updated and everything i downlaoded for it was still there!!!

the highlander
07-03-2005, 06:54 PM
thats a complete lie, i updated and everything i downlaoded for it was still there!!!
Good for you but by shortcircuit's experience it didn't work for him. That doesn't make him a liar simply his end result was different.

Murray P
07-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Not all my extensions worked after the upgrade (unistalled 1.0 prior to), and many haven't been updated to1.01 yet.

Scouse
07-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Previous thread with comments on the upgrade..... (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=55129) :cool:

Codex
14-03-2005, 05:59 PM
ive upgraded it on 3 comps and none of them had any problems at all, all extensiions and themes remained there