PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to local MySQL server ???

lightfoot
05-03-2005, 01:24 PM
IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) (Line: 115 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
mySQL error code:
Date: Friday 04th of March 2005 07:12:05 PM

We apologise for any inconvenience

=======

What does this mean since I often get this message. Thanks

Codex
05-03-2005, 02:29 PM
what that means is that someone has deleted the db for that forum

robsonde
05-03-2005, 02:32 PM
we need more info......

is this your own server/computer or is this a internet site?

what OS? do you run unix?

has it ever worked right?

waht did you change?

Codex
05-03-2005, 02:35 PM
it has nothing to do with his own comp!!! lol unless its his forum/other site format which dpeends on a db(database) thats the mysql saying that the db either aint there or is screwed lol

lightfoot
05-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Yeap, it is a site that I visit. I don't have anything to do with it. Just currious why I get this message sometimes. It said db is erred, just wondering is it my end, the web surfer, or at their end, the website. Thanks

lightfoot
05-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Why it is then, if their db is kaput, sometime only and very short, lasted for about 4 hours, sometimes waited only a few minutes before it is ok again. This leads me to think may be it is at my end, the normal web surfer. Thanks

ninja
05-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Because someone works out it's down and the tech gets paged who restarts the DB service. Sometimes he might be doing it as you hit the site, sometimes he might take a few hours to crawl out of a bar and do it.

Codex
07-03-2005, 03:37 PM
its not a service, the other forums im with get hacked heaps and the db gets deleted but it takes a few hours to restore fully, it isnt a service