PDA

View Full Version : svchost.exe error after startup

monies
04-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Hi
Keep getting a "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encounted a Problem and needed to close " Message on the desktop just after everything is loaded. In the event log the error is reported as
"Faulting application svchost.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000".
Been to microsoft link, but does't appear to be relavent to the problem.
Does anyone know about this.
It has something to do with the services being loaded.

Is it a good idea to turn off error reporting in xp?

The problem has realy only surfaced since the last update from microsoft.
(2nd tuesday of the Month (feB) :help:

Myth
04-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Do you run Nortons Live Update by any chance?

Finn
06-03-2005, 07:49 PM
I have been getting this notice since the windows update of 9/2/05 and asked for help or info about it on this forum a couple of weeks ago but did not get any replies. I have also searched various forums and regularly send the error reports to microsoft. I have not found the solution yet. I am using
Windows XP with SP2 and NAV liveupdate.

Will post any info I get.

BKR
06-03-2005, 08:24 PM
I have also had this message. Running win XP SP2, not sure what updates had been installed prior to getting the message on start up, but clicked on more info then technical details and found that it made reference to 2 files which I couldn't find, in Documents and Settings (Temp\WER37cB.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp and Temp\WER37cB.dir00\appcompat.txt )
Neither of these file refs looked good to me so I ran Spybot and it found a few things that required fixing. Hasn't reapeared since.

Onyx
08-11-2007, 02:01 AM
i had the same errors the problem whas whit my memory card but im not sure that the same problem is whit you PC to ,at my PC the explorer.exe and other programs crashed at startup :badpc: