PDA

View Full Version : Cost of NZ broadband

techno
04-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Plz complete the poll. If u can plz post an opinion as well. THNX!

robsonde
04-03-2005, 10:02 PM
costs too much and is far too slow.

in UK you can get 1Mbit BOTH ways and NO data cap for about 50 pounds.

hamstar
04-03-2005, 10:35 PM
you shud have had an option for "f**ken shoddy and extraneous rates"

You can get better than 1mb/1mb for $90NZD a month...

Screw telecom and their ASSYMETRIC DSL...

Wireless country I believe has 2mb/2mbit, 10GB cap for $110 or so...

But the best has got to be japan... 26mbit, for $50NZD a month...

gibler
04-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Telecom are obsessed with their caps.

Is is so sad to know that 2 MB speeds are available but the plans just don't stack up. There's no way that a household of four or so users could keep below a 10 Gig cap. The uploads are a joke too.

You end up with the old "damn leechers are killing broadband" "debate". The truth is that you shouldn't have to worry about a usage meter.

sal
05-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Is is so sad to know that 2 MB speeds are available but the plans just don't stack up. There's no way that a household of four or so users could keep below a 10 Gig cap. The uploads are a joke too.
This month, our flat of four easily burned through the 10GB cap within the first day, honestly.

mister harbies
05-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Jet Stream is expensive and this is not an opinion. Its a fact. Research shows that we have high internet fees for the developed world!

jackyht2002
05-03-2005, 08:11 PM
i believe that the ADSL in NZ are very expensive.. the speed of the 3GB is just not right. compared with this price we are paying now in compariason to in Hong Kong, i could have it as 6MBps and maybe get a PS2 as well too with that package...

honestly, for telecom, they just want the money and do less work... so everybody in telecom can get fat... i think they should start thinking about the future in terms of communication (they starting to do 3G, why not doing homeline first!!!, because no competition need to teach them a lesson.. (i think 3G is really here because vodafone :D is annoying them in terms of improving technology!!!))

so, telecom, go and get some diet, your staff is too obese, get some diet on your staff and go and use those money for investing for the futre... :angry

olldaddy78
05-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Definitely too expensive and is almost a monopoy of Telecom as I understand other servers have to go through them too...? uncertain but definitely the highest world wide...

Big John
07-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Data Caps should be out-lawed and also fallback speeds with them or if there is a fall back then to a more realistic value. Going back to modem speeds is just dark ages stuff and telecom should be ashamed of themselves for even doing it.

When I was with JetStart of Paradise I never ever got close to 10GB of data but whenever I checked the Telecom meter is was always over within a week or two and this was only with 128/128. Now at 2Gb/192Kb so you can imagine how fast it goes. Was three weeks at modem speeds last month and that was only because they didn't throtle me back till I was 133% of 10GB

Awarnach
07-03-2005, 12:29 PM
I agree, the cost of broadband here is a complete joke in comparison to overseas, but aslong as greedy telecom have the monopoly it will stay the same... out to make money instead of advancing technology and gaining customers...

Wont be long though till wireless is standard and other companies will feel the reward.

Digby
24-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm more concerned wit the speed and data caps rather than the cost.

We are not going to get telecom or someone else to invest millions (to get VDSL and fibre) if they have to drop their prices.

I am more concerned re the high cost of mobile phone calling ! due to the cosy duopoly of Telecom and Vodaphone.

Regards

Digby

wratterus
24-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Holy Corumba! What a thread revive.... How much things have changed since 2005!

beeswax34
24-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Why have people been dredging these posts recently? If you want to go back to the past, do it without annoying others.

zcc
24-10-2007, 08:39 PM
oh well better than reruns of coro street...