PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty wont run...

lazydog
04-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi there, i've just loaded up CoD+UO onto my computer.
Problem is it wont run. When i start it up it says "Please insert the correct cdrom, select ok and restart application" even when i have the correct cd in the cd drive.
I did a search on google but all i could find was an update if your using an Nforce motherboard.
Anyone had or know how to fix this problem?

System is;
HP pavillion 762n
Windows XP home
P4 2.2 ghz
512 ram
80 gb hard drive partitioned ( "D" 4.7gb and "C" 70gb aprox)
Geforce4 MX420 32mb graphics card
dvd rom
cdrw

Cheers Lazydog

Speedy Gonzales
04-03-2005, 01:25 PM
But is it the original cd or a copy of COD?? Thats usually what that error means.

lazydog
04-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Its original, i hope. Got it off trademe.
It came in the CoD box with 2 instructional manuals, 2 sets of 2 cd's in cases, serial numbers. If its a copy its a good copy.
Any other ideas?
Cheers

Prescott
04-03-2005, 01:34 PM
have you got the orginal game installed? make sure you have the legal disk

lazydog
04-03-2005, 02:25 PM
have you got the orginal game installed? make sure you have the legal disk

Yep, its the orginal disc and i put it(disc1) in to start playing the game but i get that error message everytime.

Overdrive_5000
04-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Have you tried it with any of the other disks ?

lazydog
04-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Yep, tried all the other discs that came with it.
Check the drivers for my video card and they are the lateset drivers so i didnt update them.

Prescott
04-03-2005, 04:17 PM
not too sure here but isnt UO a add on to COD and you need the orginal game?

hamstar
04-03-2005, 07:17 PM
You've tried the UO disks aswell?

This is where the anti-piracy measures fail the actuall consumers who pay money for the game. So now you have to get a No CD crack.

They have a rule that we're not allowed to talk about them but in this situation I think it would be OK, so... go to www.astalavista.box.sk and use the search engine, or pay a visit to www.megagames.com they have trainers and cheats and stuff along with no CD cracks.

Once you have it you simply replace the game EXE with it although this may hinder your online game playing ability.

Failing that call tech support.

Prescott
04-03-2005, 07:21 PM
id say edit your post while you still can.....
call tech support first.....

lazydog
04-03-2005, 09:22 PM
My game is legit. Well i certainly hope so. I'd be pissed off it it isnt.
The problem of "Please insert the correct cdrom, select ok and restart application" is know to Activision, the makers of Call of Duty, in the way of the Nvidea chipset but that is to do with the Nvidia chipsets used on certain motherboards. I have a Nividia graphics card. I'm wondering if its related to my prob?