PDA

View Full Version : Quick Launch Toolbar

wattie
04-03-2005, 09:58 AM
I used to have a much-used icon on my Quick Launch Toolbar for accessing my desktop at any time. For some reason it's gone and I can't find a way to get it back....any ideas? Thanks in advance.

johnboy
04-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Ist thing to check right click the taskbar ,then select properties and make sure there is a tick in show quick launch.
hth

Jen
04-03-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi Wattie

You can re-create your show desktop icon if it has been deleted by following the instructions here: How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=190355). You didn't mention which OS you have, but that guide is generic for Windows.

wattie
04-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks everyone....managed to figure it out myself....I copied and pasted the icon from my XP laptop and it works perfectly. I thought that was apretty long shot but did the job! :-)

Cicero
04-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Ist thing to check right click the taskbar ,then select properties and make sure there is a tick in show quick launch.
hth
Quick launch is different to task bar,is it not?

Jen
04-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Quick launch is different to task bar,is it not?It is different. It is an toolbar of the taskbar. This toolbar is where you can add anything you wish to be able to launch quickly with one click.

This is what Microsoft has to say about it:
Quick Launch Toolbar

The taskbar includes a toolbar called the Quick Launch toolbar that enables users to start an application quickly. Unless your application replaces a user system service, such as an Internet browser or e-mail service, do not pre-install an icon for your application on the Quick Launch toolbar. This area is designed primarily for users to customize.

Cicero
04-03-2005, 06:36 PM
It is different. It is an toolbar of the taskbar. This toolbar is where you can add anything you wish to be able to launch quickly with one click.

This is what Microsoft has to say about it:
Quick Launch Toolbar

The taskbar includes a toolbar called the Quick Launch toolbar that enables users to start an application quickly. Unless your application replaces a user system service, such as an Internet browser or e-mail service, do not pre-install an icon for your application on the Quick Launch toolbar. This area is designed primarily for users to customize.
Thank you Jen.
I have found where to alter task bar,but quick launch is a bit of a puzzle.The items I have there were dragged,how else can you control it,I noticed yesterday an app icon decided it take up residence.I can remove them but unsure how to have control.