PDA

View Full Version : Free software that can print with 'Crop Marks'?

l0gic
03-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Hi guys, I'm stuck on someone else PC and am looking for some freeware/shareware/open source software that can open image files and print them out with crop marks..

Why do I want to do this?

I have a design with a white background and I want to print it out to a certain size, say 10.5cm wide.. However, the white background of my design blends with the white paper and I can't find the edges.

I know, I could use a ruler.. But that doesn't quite have the look I desire.

Cheers.

Speedy Gonzales
03-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Try http://www.irfanview.com

It's free. Dont know about the crop marks tho. As I dont use it.

Rob99
03-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Photoshop will do, so maybe you could give the Gimp a go.

What did you make your design with? You could increase the canvas size by one pixel each side and draw them on.

vinref
03-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Hi guys, I'm stuck on someone else PC and am looking for some freeware/shareware/open source software that can open image files and print them out with crop marks..

Why do I want to do this?

I have a design with a white background and I want to print it out to a certain size, say 10.5cm wide.. However, the white background of my design blends with the white paper and I can't find the edges.

I know, I could use a ruler.. But that doesn't quite have the look I desire.

Cheers.

Inserting a border is probably the easiest way to do this. Most graphics programs should be able to do this.

l0gic
03-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Cheers guys.

I ended up drawing them in with MS Paint.. Then printing with irfanview.

I designed the images in Photoshop and would usually use the built-in crop marks of Photoshop, but yeah.. I wasn't at my computer and I wasn't thinking ahead.

It all worked out though.. They came in about 0.5mm under the size that I intended, but it was close enough.

Greg
03-03-2005, 09:50 PM
For future reference, or for others, Polyview will do it.