PDA

View Full Version : "Send To" problem

JJJJJ
03-03-2005, 09:44 AM
I am trying to send jpeg image by e-mail. I click on "send to" and select mail recipient. I select make smaller and it goes through process of reducing it. But it doesn't get sent anywhere. It disappears!
I can drag and drop it into the mail, but it is 970 kbs.and recipient does not have broadband.
If I try to send it from "Paint" I get message "Not Sent".
Any ideas?
Jack
:badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

Cicero
03-03-2005, 10:20 AM
I am trying to send jpeg image by e-mail. I click on "send to" and select mail recipient. I select make smaller and it goes through process of reducing it. But it doesn't get sent anywhere. It disappears!
I can drag and drop it into the mail, but it is 970 kbs.and recipient does not have broadband.
If I try to send it from "Paint" I get message "Not Sent".
Any ideas?
Jack
:badpc: :badpc: :badpc:
Try reducing in photoshop or similar,b4 sending.
Sounds like a corrupt system,is that O/E?

JJJJJ
03-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Yes it's OE.
I don't have photoshop. The only photo editor I have is Paint.
Jack

Speedy Gonzales
03-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Umm, 970k isnt big, and it has nothing to do whether you're on dialup or broadband. The other person if on dialup, will still get it.

BUT it does sound like something is wrong / corrupt somewhere.

Rather than trying to compress the picture thru My Computer, use something like Winzip or similar to compress it, to see if it'll go any smaller.

Just as long as the other person has XP, or Winzip, they'll be able to open the zip file.

Cicero
03-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Yes it's OE.
Jack
Get help re corruption via horses mouth.

http://tinyurl.com/5p5b5

This is a common fault and has not been resolved on here.

Jen
03-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Yes it's OE.
JackGo and install the Microsoft PowerToys for WinXP (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx), Image Resizer - 521 KB application (see right column). It will add a right-click context menu item for resizing images. Just right-click over a image file, select Resize and then choose what size you prefer from the default list, or use the custom list to pick a different resolution. On the default settings, it will just make a smaller copy of the image, leaving your original untouched. It is a really neat tool to have. :)

JJJJJ
03-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Thanks Jen. That worked fine.And e-mail and attachment have gone.
Send to still doesn't work though.