PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone like to help make a 'kiwiblog'

CreightonBrown
02-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Anyone be interested on working on a blogging project?

Ideas for input on Coding welcome, more so I would like someone to help with graphics...

This project is just a hobby project around work and volunteering.

Open to new ideas 1st hour draught:

http://www.creightonbrown.geek.nz/Docs/Building/LeisureProjects/KiwiBlog/Relationships%20for%20KiwiBlog%20Draught%20A.pdf

Would love peoples input on it.

Like I say though work is #1, volunteering #2, this is just a hobby thing around work so it will only usually be after say 5pm and some weekends [if it is to eventuate].

theother1
02-03-2005, 10:16 PM
looks good so far Creighton. All I saw was a blank page. But in the words of chairman Mao, "the longest journey begins with the first step".

ninja
02-03-2005, 11:24 PM
I saw access. ph34r.

agent
02-03-2005, 11:34 PM
www.kiwiblog.co.nz has already been taken.

sal
02-03-2005, 11:48 PM
are you talking about coding one from scratch and offering it up like wordpress, or just authoring one like webfroot.

CreightonBrown
03-03-2005, 12:15 AM
are you talking about coding one from scratch and offering it up like wordpress, or just authoring one like webfroot.

Making another... Based on past tests i can code a few hundred Lines an hour with ASP...

I have one of the more advanced CMS's on offer for the markup... there is another more advanced one i found which was several hundred more.... but it would be more powerful than the one here or on wordpress.

I have used wordpress before, it is quite good... i have an idea that a post could refer to a post and posts could have images in the post or as a virtual gallery if you like.

Also that the post and comments could have a content array so they would not have to be a fixed size beyond a unit which can be alloted in say 4k chunks

Also more advanced stats inbuilt

1] Better CMS
2] Post In post e.g. Post in Page
3] PostImages
4] Post gallery
5] Post Attachment [to be added e.g. PDF, Doc, XLS etc]

Standard Stuff:
Categories [Item can go in many categories]
Links
Link Categories
Comments

Based on my normal Use case amount it would take 40 Hours, but i can reduce this with my code builder from www.digitalbuilder.co.nz (http://www.digitalbuilder.co.nz) [My Own part time biz] Might be able to get it down to say a day initially then maybe 1-2 days mods.

More work is still needed, and looking for more people for ideas e.g. Usability/feature people, Graphics People, Coders, others

CreightonBrown
03-03-2005, 12:16 AM
I also just thought of sticky posts for either categories or all categories

CreightonBrown
03-03-2005, 12:21 AM
www.kiwiblog.co.nz (http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/) has already been taken.

Fair comment, A Name is easy to change though :-)

CreightonBrown
03-03-2005, 01:31 AM
I saw access. ph34r.

SQL Inspecific, Common DataFunction: Use it with Access, MS-SQL, MySQL *shrug*

The discussion of in's and outs of language goes beyond the current thread though... perhaps we can summarise some points of langs and DBs but a full breadth may go beyond a regular post and into some heated discussion that may require experts.....

To summarise: The best language is the one you can code best in :-)
When you can code more the language is less the barrier, and what you can and choose to do is now the obstacle.....

I Have found references of langs doing different things, consider though a coder is an encoder, they merely translate somg logic into a encoded form of logic... even if the exact logic were not possible one encodes as suitable for encoding. Yes there is strengths and weaknesses... but i think this arena it will be less the language which is the limit, but many factors of people who put in a few hours help here and there.. the accumulation of good man hours

I was thinking before ... Maybe NZBlog, something kiwi'ish, NZ is important to me, it's where i have been all my life almost :-) [bar say 2 weeks on holiday to oz]