PDA

View Full Version : Name Tag.

Cicero
02-03-2005, 08:11 PM
What should I use to make a name tag,the same size as a business card.
I hope my request is not too vague.
Thanks you for looking.

godfather
02-03-2005, 08:26 PM
What have you got?

I find cash is always good, and a discussion about parting with some to a local printer.

Otherwise, MS Publisher, but you probably have not got that?
Word will work as well.

What software do you have?

Cicero
02-03-2005, 08:33 PM
What have you got?

I find cash is always good, and a discussion about parting with some to a local printer.

Otherwise, MS Publisher, but you probably have not got that?
Word will work as well.

What software do you have?
Only want one,the boss wants Propogation writ large with name underneath.
I have Word, Powerpoint and M/S frontpage.
What would be the last word for that sort of thing?Bitte.

Shortcircuit
02-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Hi Cicero,

You can print it on an inkjet yourself right size then get it laminated (I presume propogation is the plant sort and not the human sort), so may be an idea if it's water/dirt proof.

If it helps I can do the design/size on my draw program and send it to you then you'd just have to print it etc.

TonyF
02-03-2005, 09:28 PM
?? propAgation ??

Shortcircuit
02-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks for pointing out what happens when people are tired and trying to be helpful Tony.

Obviously I'm not worthy of doing a name tag.

I'm sure Cicero will find someone to do it, because I just lost the urge to help... perhaps you can volunteer seeing as your spelling is so good

theother1
02-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Try turning your business card over and then take a felt marker and write your name on it. Then cellotape a little safety pin on the business card side. :D

godfather
02-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Only want one,the boss wants Propagation writ large with name underneath.
I have Word, Powerpoint and M/S frontpage.
What would be the last word for that sort of thing?Bitte.

Use Word. It will be easier to get the size right, more so than PowerPoint.

Go forth and multiply type propagation?

Murray P
02-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Grab Open Office 1.1.4 off the latest PC World CD, has all you want for word processing and publishing.

On the other hand I could email you a Word template for labels if you like. It's probably not quiet intended for what you want but it'll give you 18 to an A4 page (it's for typing out and printing sticky lables so you can put something diff in each one or all the same).

Jen
02-03-2005, 10:54 PM
?? propAgation ??Didn't realise you had taken on the role of PF1 spellchecker ... Those sorts of post are generally pointless and serves no benefit. Everyone makes typo's as well. Don't post it.

TonyF
02-03-2005, 11:18 PM
No, Jen, but one doesn't want them to go too far down the track of having the tag made that way.
But Cheers
Tony

Cicero
03-03-2005, 07:26 AM
Thank you all.
Was tempted to take up offers on doing this with templates etc.
Decided to have a go in word,seeing as it is a one off.
Simply enlarged PropAgation to 36 and name underneath to 20 and bobs your uncle.