PDA

View Full Version : Help with OS XP Pro Error

Mr Wetzyl
02-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Lately when I am running an uninstall of a program that is no longer needed and when prompted to restart the pc, ...it started up with a black screen with "error loading windows xp professional" I tried rebooting again but the problem remains I just recently upgraded to sp2 and since then got problems with graphics...now this problem...
I got 512mb Micron, 2 HDD..40GB and 120GB...recently upgraded to Athlon64 3000+ :dogeye: :dogeye:

Murray P
02-03-2005, 07:21 PM
What programmes were you removing, not too many require a reboot of XP?

So you have been unable to get into XP at all, have you tried safe mode, any more info in the error message?

Have you tried to repair XP by booting to the XP CD?

Mr Wetzyl
09-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Sorry for late reply...Just got it running, but I don't have any luck in using the XP recovery console so I had to fully re-install it again (Which I'm still mourning the loss of my precious downloaded mp3s, downloaded programs...) Now I just don't do anything more to it other than use it to play games...(CS Condition Zero, Doom3, Unreal 2004)I have learn a great lesson here...(Always do Back Ups from now....)

BTW this problem happens because I was un-installing xp service pack 2....

beama
09-03-2005, 11:15 PM
yep an uninstall of sp2 is as troublesum as the install sometimes but at least when you uninstall sp2 it does warn you that some programs may not function.
So what to do, live with a currupt sp2 install and an unstable machine or uninstall sp2 and hope all the programs work and while I ponder that one maybe I'll find the answer to the meaning of life :D