PDA

View Full Version : Import / Export messages from Eudora to OE

beetle
02-03-2005, 01:56 PM
addy book is fine i think so dont need that.....
Just want to get all emails recived since using eudora back into OE, cant find the file to do this.....

simple instructions, cos i have manged to crash the eudora program a few times...:p trying to get it to forward too many things and it freaks...
ive killed the printer, run out of ink, screams at me, and one assignment still to do and then print????

due tomorow heaps of time...:D

eudora is not default and threw a hissy fit and cant open it without it resetting default....want everything exported and just in inbox of OE how or where or whatever do i need to do to get it to work?

it was ok, i did like it to dtart with but, just the too many box's, send not where ya expect and configuring nightmare at times, and i cant get a read / not read setting to work...so its gone.....ill give a go once....2 weeks ish its lasted.......

bah humbug day today....

beetle

FoxyMX
02-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. Don't know how you managed to break it... then again, you are Beetle, aren't you? :p

In Outlook Express go to File>Import Messages>Eudora and let it rip.

beetle
02-03-2005, 03:47 PM
tried that earlier and it dont work........

beetle
02-03-2005, 03:55 PM
comes up with error message :

No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has required files open.
please select another folder or try closing applications that may have files open.

so ?
the only prog open is OE and FF??????? Mailwasher?

should learn not to fiddle then i wont get stressed out trying to get rid of the stupid things..................:(

beetle
02-03-2005, 05:48 PM
So Mum how do i fix this and move those emails to safety???
it wouldnt matter if personal stuff, but work stuff....:(

cant budge it and tried forwarding em and Eudora picks em up again? not OE?????grrrh
:(

FoxyMX
02-03-2005, 06:00 PM
In Eudora go to Tools>Personalities, right click on your account, choose Properties>Incoming Mail and put a tick in "Leave mail on server".

If you want to, go to the other tab (Generic Properties) and remove the tick from "Check Mail".

You should now be able to forward the emails to yourself again and collect them in OE. Let us know how you get on.

Why you can't import them into OE, I am not sure. Sounds like you have gronked it well and truly...

beetle
02-03-2005, 06:06 PM
I have unticked it, and i have set it not to look for mail but it still pops up when i least expect it....and every forward gets re picked up by Eudora.....

beleive me it must be a beetle thing.....im electrifying....:D

godfather
02-03-2005, 06:19 PM
In Internet Explorer, Tools - Internet Options - Programs - set Outlook Express as the Email program.

A bit like trading in a BMW for a Daihatsu though.

beetle
02-03-2005, 06:23 PM
:( :( :( :( :(

that doesnt work........i have tried and tried.................

Jen
02-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Beetle, can I offer some friendly advice? :)

Your work PC is for work, everything on it is important for your business activities to run smoothly and without risk. It is not a place where you should trial out new, unfamiliar applications without trying them first on a personal computer where it doesn't matter if things get lost, damaged or temporarily rendered unusable.

If after running the program on your personal computer and you decide it is what you really want, then introduce it onto the work computer when you are familiar and comfortable with it. Less risk to your business activities that way. :)

FoxyMX
02-03-2005, 07:44 PM
I have unticked it, and i have set it not to look for mail but it still pops up when i least expect it....and every forward gets re picked up by Eudora.....
So what is your problem now then? Get your messages over to Outlook Express then just uninstall Eudora and get rid of it.

Or can you still not receive your emails in OE?

beetle
02-03-2005, 08:08 PM
ok, for a start this is not the work pc, and how do i just get work mail on one pc? as work pc very rarely goes on line...
this is on new peach personal pc......but emails will come in at any hour and i cannot filter them like that..... as they come from too many different sources....and i cannot just mark everything as spam...as some of our customers have some radicaly odd addy's.

i know its all old news, only one pc to stuff up and thats all i do.... lemon is not online any more and lime (work) is not except for updates once a month and GST time.....

youve said this before Jen and i already do this, but im on dial up and have not and will not network the pc's together just for the sake of the correct one getting mail.
they are at complete opposite ends of the house.... its not an option...

I dont see this as being a big deal.......if i uninstall and delete the things i dont care. it just would be nice to be able to save some details.

but i bet you didnt learn these sort of things without some learning of the stress kind either?

computers to me at the moment is the means to an end, i have it to study and work with, i also have it to play with. this is not the work puter...itwould drive me demented if i had to rush up and down the house and disconnect reconnect every email i get.....

Nothing personal Jen i appreciate the help.

Its just a beetle thing i guess, and the amount of work im doing does not help, anything........
I was told just grin and wing it....thats life isnt it????

:p

i can fix anything if i try hard enough or actually think about it(maybe i mean break it ?????????? im good at that :p )...not doing a lot of that one lately........ on auto mode.

beetle
02-03-2005, 08:12 PM
OK im not doing any more of this tonight ok? ill be here just not in fix it mode.......itll have to wait to saturday.........im in homework, and read mode only.....:p beetle put a sock in it mode like....

another presentation and a maths assignment due tomorow....:D oh how i love maths ...not.

ill watch and try really hard not to comment.

both fire up occasionally, mailwasher stalls trying to work out who to open..:D

im nutted meaning i cant fix it......never been able to fix anything i spose..... but i can wait...have to.

comes down to priorities,
and this aint one.
:(