PDA

View Full Version : play cd's on older players

dinah
01-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi im new to this so hope someone can help me.
i am burning cds on windows xp-they play fine on new machines but our older cd player cant read them.
i know ive done it ok before but something must have changed my settings-maybe when i installed windi\ows service pack 2 recently?
thanks dinah

Speedy Gonzales
01-03-2005, 12:32 PM
When u say older players, do you mean external cd players?? Or a cd on another computer??

And are you burning CD's from MP3's, or using a program to covert MP3's to CDA, so other cds (external cd players, like on a stereo) can play them?

If you're burning MP3's as is (without using something to convert them). NOT all cd players know what an MP3 is (as is). So, cant play them.

dinah
02-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks speedy
Yes thats the problem-how do i convert files to cda format? where do i find the setting place in media player to do this? I am just using what came with windows xp
Hey thank you so much for your help...
dinah :confused:

Speedy Gonzales
02-03-2005, 10:36 AM
I think media player should burn MP3 by default. I've got V10 of media player at the mo. I cant remember whether this version is the same as previous versions (9 or other).

Not too sure. I dont use WMP for playing MP3's or anything really. I use Nero (for DVD stuff, and data/MP3's), and Jetaudio + (For playing MP3's), for most things, which maybe easier for you to use.

Its a bit big to download though (Nero, If u havent got it already).

If u have a CD burner, did Nero come with it??

dinah
02-03-2005, 08:46 PM
hI Speedy
comes with ATAPI burner. I guess its something to do with tools or recording speed not sure about variable bit rate and lossless trtied all 3 formats in WMP still no good.
:help:

dinah
02-03-2005, 08:49 PM
forgot to add its an external micromega cd player
dinah

dolby digital
02-03-2005, 09:29 PM
forgot to add its an external micromega cd player
dinah

My understanding is that there are physical differences between a bought cd and a burnt cd. Some older cd players cannot read the burnt cd's due to these differences. I have a 1992 high quality cd player which is fine with burnt cd's; on the other hand, I have a dvd player made around 2002 which you would expect to play burnt cd's which does not. I also have a laser disc player (1996) which also won't play burnt cd's. I presume the 1992 cd player can read them because it was a top of the line cd player and therefore has a high quality cd laser system.

Hint. Try burning them as slow as possible as you want the most accurate copy you can get.

dinah
03-03-2005, 12:19 PM
Thank you people
got it figured
Dinah