PDA

View Full Version : Win2K Shared folders

wooda2
01-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi all.........I have another user sharing my pc now. I want to deny access to my work files etc but share others with this person. I have set up another user and made the files/folders I want to share available through the properties dialog but when the new user tries to acess them access is denied.
Can anyone help please :)

Win2K SP4

Barnabas
01-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Have you assigned the folders you want to share the correct NTFS permissions (I assume that the other user is logging on to the same computer, not sharing the folders over a network)?

Hi all.........I have another user sharing my pc now. I want to deny access to my work files etc but share others with this person. I have set up another user and made the files/folders I want to share available through the properties dialog but when the new user tries to acess them access is denied.
Can anyone help please :)

Win2K SP4

wooda2
02-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Yes it's the same computer. I think I'm on the right track but even though I allow sharing something is wrong. Could I try putting these files in the "All Users" folder?

berryb
02-03-2005, 06:12 PM
What you are doing has nothing to do with "sharing" the folder or files. Sharing of this type is to do with sharing on a network What you have is to do with permissions. You need to make sure the folder you want the other user to access has "everyone"access in the security tab. Or as you say you could put them in the all user folder but you would still need to check the permmisions.

wooda2
07-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Thanks to those who replied. I got this sorted, cheers