PDA

View Full Version : Email / updating address books?

beetle
28-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Hi all
got 2 emails today saying (from someone i know) that click on the link and itll add me to her addy book and in future every time i change details / or address's it will update her book?

how is this done, and is this a security issue for later??? what is it planting on my computer to constantly monitor any changes?

or is this a legit thing and ok?

ps: smileys no longer work.....

beetle

ninja
28-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Some are legit, some aren't. Personally I despise the things.

beetle
28-02-2005, 10:00 PM
so how does one organise this option?
does yahoo do this?
as they are yahoo or hotmail addy's i have been sent???
i think, must recheck.

are they free? is this a downloadable program? must be....???

not saying i want to do this, but as the addy they sent it to is a work one (an alias actually), and if i move house...lol they wont know its changed cos i wont have this addy by then? not that we moving, just wondering.
this would mean the addy stays in use, and im gone, and new addy for me...good way to get rid of spam i spose......

beetle

godfather
28-02-2005, 10:26 PM
I want the reverse.

I would like a routine that forcibly removed my address from their address books.

I would hate with a passion the one that you describe beetle.

The problems that are faced when a computer that you have no control over gets infected and emails garbage to ones email address....!

Presently getting up to 5 copies of a 950 kB attachment (no active virus included though, it seems to be a faulty virus) per day from one such issue, where the owner of the PC has no clue that they are infected or what an infection is, or how to even unplug the phone line.

Do I want to keep my email address up to date with them? Let me think...

beetle
01-03-2005, 09:17 PM
LOL Goddie, i have not said i want this this on mine either, feel really like an invasion of my privacy..... what makes it worse is its a family member who will no doubt ask why i didnt click on the link and accept the option???

can pick ya friends just not your family...:(

i get multiple mail daily from raceway @ clear ..... daily daily daily....all supposedly from me, to me? probably up to 20 of these on a good day, so some idiot has my addy, (a disused addy mind you) and is blasting out a good amount of spam, either known or unknown to all and sundry on their list and i would love to send em a blast or two, and some not so kind words for being a jack of all trades idiot...... :mad:

but yeah i think this is a stupid option......

not going to bother with it....LOL
the days of our beetle over.....tune in next time...:p