PDA

View Full Version : Can't record audio through line - in socket

kiwijazz4you
28-02-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm operating a Packard Bell 2.9 Ghz computer using Windows XP Home Edition
Every time I try to record audio from a cassette player through the line - in socket at the back of the computer I get the following error message: Can't find recording input mixer line for Realtek HD Audio rear output (0045F329).
I have used LP Recorder 2.0 and 4.1 and Audiograbber as the software medium. Yet I get sound clearly through the speakers, but no movement from the meters. My soundcard is a Realtek HD Audio. I have tried to solve the problem by checking in Sounds and Audio Devises and in the Sound Effect Manager, but to no avail! It worked OK in my old computer running Windows ME Can Somebody help?
kiwijazz4you

Terry Porritt
28-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Maybe a daft question, but has the line-in socket been set as a speaker out by the soundcard software??

kiwijazz4you
01-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Maybe a daft question, but has the line-in socket been set as a speaker out by the soundcard software??
I've tried any combination you can think of when investigating the problem, but I'm not technical enough to solve it. When I plug it into the other sockets Windows XP tells me that I'm in error. Everything seems to be fine where I have plugged it in. I get sound and the system accepts it, but I can't get any movement from the meters. I recorded a song with Audiograbber, but when I played it back in Winamp there was no sound. What gives? I wonder.
kiwijazz4you

KatiMike
01-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Hey buddy , do you have a dedicated soundcard or are you using on - board sound ? It may make a difference to the advice you recieve

kiwijazz4you
01-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Dear katiMike
I'm not sure what you mean but the sound card installed on this computer seems to be the former as it looks like a separate unit and is not, say a built in Packard Bell sound card or system. It's a very unusual problem to say the least! I suspect the problem can be solved by going into the various audio settings of the computer and making an adjustment somewhere. It could be just a tick box or option not highlighted etc. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks for your reply.
Kiwijazz4you

Bazza
01-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Hi Kiwi, Maybe here is another daft question. Have you selected the line input in the 'Record' control.

The fact that you can hear the sound from the speakers, does not mean it will be recorded.

The windows volume control has two mixer controls. The 'Play' control displays and adjusts the speaker sounds. In this one can tick an input to mute it.

The 'Record' control displays the inputs for recording, but in this you need to tick an input to select it for recording. Just be sure to 'select' the line input here.
Cheers.

Bazza
02-03-2005, 08:24 PM
What say Kiwi, Did you manage to record? Did you checkout selecting line input in the record control?