PDA

View Full Version : Sick of fans.. Huge passive heatsink for GF4?

hamstar
28-02-2005, 02:43 AM
Hey guys,

My gfx card fan that I bought from dse is being a whore like the orignal one that was on there and making a racket...

Can I replace it with a bigass heatsink?

My card is Eagle 64MB Geforce 4 MX440 SDRAM AGP4x

Yeah...

Cheers
hamstar

jus.need.help
28-02-2005, 03:22 AM
my advice..
bin it
get with the times man
that g/card is OLD.. ur comp is **** too.. scrap it all & buy a new one

drcspy
28-02-2005, 04:55 AM
nothing wrong with that computer spec......grow up .......some of us are NOT having to constantly buy newer and newer parts/pc's just to 'keep up' with the times and foolish little boys ideas of whta is 'cool'.........

Metla
28-02-2005, 08:37 AM
meh.......Computers aren't considered cool by the vast majority of people.....

anyhow, That video card is crap,utter utter crap, not worthy of the money and time wasted on trying to mount a new fan on it, Buy a second hand g4ti and get your mind blown.

tweak'e
28-02-2005, 10:57 AM
have a look here (http://www.overclockers.co.nz/product/vga/index.shtml) tho finding something to fit a gf4mx might be tricky.

any decent passive heatsink is going to mean you will loose the use of the first pci slot.

if you can't find one mayby you could make one. a cut down cpu heatsink might work. make sure it has large spacing between the fins tho. old p2 heatsinks might be a good starting point.

if your into gaming then it may be cheaper to buy a 2nd hand gf3 or gf4ti.

pctek
28-02-2005, 12:29 PM
nothing wrong with that computer spec......grow up .......some of us are NOT having to constantly buy newer and newer parts/pc's just to 'keep up' with the times and foolish little boys ideas of whta is 'cool'.........

I'm certainly not a little boy - neither little nor a boy and I upgrade fairly often and its not to keep up with the times, whatever that means.
What drives the hardware industry, which everyone should know by now, is games.
Fair enough if your PC is for home office use only but if you want to use it for games as well, then you do need to upgrade it.

Its got nothing to do with cool at all.

tweak'e
28-02-2005, 12:39 PM
air enough if your PC is for home office use only but if you want to use it for games as well, then you do need to upgrade it.

my pc is far older than hamstar's and i have no problems playing games.

he only needs to upgrade it IF he wants to play SOME of the later games.

you don't NEED to have the latest and greatest hardware ;)

hamstar
28-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Lol i new i would get an onslaught of "ditch that gfx card"

Well, who wants to donate me a new one?

lol, I'm stuck with this one for a while...

Its a wicked little battler tho, 4 year old card and it still plays doom 3... :D

My mate has a gf4 ti4200 tho, and it's kickass...