PDA

View Full Version : xp\98 network passworded drive

Googe
27-02-2005, 08:29 PM
HI Guys
I have networkked my Xp Pro mechine to my 98se and i have shared the C drive on the 98 mechine as full with a password. When i try to access the 98se(c) drive from Xp i get propted for a password which is correct but when i type in the password and click ok nothing happens, The mechine hasnt frozen or paused, its just like the ok button is not working, Can anybody shed some light on this for me.

James :yuck:

jus.need.help
28-02-2005, 02:16 AM
happened to me once

right click on the C:\ on the 98se comp & go to the password tab 7 make sure u have the password as the read & write.. & make sure u use that 1.. if u have already set the password to remember the password (on ur xp comp) make sure u change the password (for read & write access)to whichever one xp is rememberring.. then disable ur firewall.. now it shud work.. if not tell us wat happens.. laterz dude hope i helped :)

Googe
28-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Hi MAte,
Already done all that, This has really got me stuck, Thanks for trying

James

Cstchie
28-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Is your network alright? I know when i acess my old 98 laptop it takes a really long time for the page to load but if yours never happens it many be your network. Also try to acess the files without a passoword. That may help.

Good Luck

Googe
28-02-2005, 12:15 PM
yeah my network is fine, If i remove the password then i can access it all no problem.

James