PDA

View Full Version : Unable to register PC-Cillin 2002

chiefnz
27-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Hey guys, I recently wiped my hard drive and did a clean install of all my software. XP Home, Office 2003, spyware, etc and then of course my anti-virus and firewall (PC-Cillin 2002). PC-Cillin came with my mobo driver CD and I've been using it for ages, it is a really good piece of software. Trouble is now when I want to register my copy of the program it always comes up with this message about 3 minutes after I click the "submit" button.
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/en/90/pccreg/localizable objects/A_lk.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools. Does anyone have any idea as to what the actual problem is. I've sent Trend an e-mail outlining the problem but have yet to receive a reply. I can't maually install the new virus pattern or scan engine as the software has to be registered first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I don't mind spending $100.00 on the 2005 version but I would prefer not to spend it all if I really didn't have to.

cheers

chiefnz

Murray P
27-02-2005, 10:37 AM
As far as I know, 2002 will not register or update without applying a manual update first, even then the programme and cleanup engine executables and virus defintition update numbering system has changed.

Basically, while you can keep it staggering along with manual defintition downloads, the thing is out of date.