PDA

View Full Version : MS DV-AVI

moldboy
27-02-2005, 06:48 AM
I recently created a movie in Microsoft Movie Maker. (sigh) and rendered it as DV-AVI, now I want to work with it in other programs and can't because, in keeping with the Microsoft way of doing things, the AVI file is microsoft encoded and can't be edited by any other program, I want a program that will rip the Microsoft out of the AVI file (free) or a plugin for MMMaker that will allow me to save as a regular AVI or simmilar file!

Should I really have to ask?

Speedy Gonzales
27-02-2005, 11:44 AM
What other programs have u tried to open this file with ??

lazydog
27-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Have you tried opening it up in virtualdub?. Its a free program you can download off the net. Its a very good program that can handle most tasks but not all.Do a search for it on the net. Sorry dont know the link off hand. You can capture and edit with this program.
Lazydog.

moldboy
27-02-2005, 02:10 PM
What other programs have u tried to open this file with ??
Well I tried to make the file a SWF with CamStudio's SWF producer.

I shall try VD I havn't used this program in a while.

update:
Okay I tried VirtualDub an it can't open the file, it says and I quote --
http://img208.exs.cx/img208/4220/vderror7no.png (it is a picture of the quote!)

Any help?

lazydog
28-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Can you capture the footage again using "Virtualdub" or the other modded version of VirtualDub called "VirtualDub Mod". :)
If you cant maybe you could try downloading a trial program like Adobe premiere or Ulead Video Studio. Unfortunately moviemaker2 wont work on my system anymore due to a clash of codec's.

Ok i just created a dv-avi file in Moviemaker1(mm2 wont work.Go figure?) and got it to open in both Ulead video studio7 and Ulead MediaStudio Pro7 so try downloading a trial version of either and opening it up in there. Will work unless MS has done something in MM2 that stops it.
Good luck, Lazydog