PDA

View Full Version : IE 6 Favorites/Favourites

Randolf
26-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Is there a way of changing the spelling of the "Favorites" menu label in Internet Explorer 6 from the American to the UK spelling ("Favourites"), like you can in Avant browser?

Cicero
26-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Is there a way of changing the spelling of the "Favorites" menu label in Internet Explorer 6 from the American to the UK spelling ("Favourites"), like you can in Avant browser?
Have you tried control panel...regional and languages...regional options?

Randolf
26-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Yes - doesn't link to display menus unfortunately.

Cicero
26-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Yes - doesn't link to display menus unfortunately.
Do you mean when you click on regions it dosen't give you options?
Am assuming XP

Randolf
26-02-2005, 10:06 PM
No, I mean it's set on en-nz, but this obviously doesn't link to display menus which still show the American spelling as mentioned. Running Win 98SE.

AMD1
26-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Why not stay with Avant?

If not then you will need to change a few things in the registry.

Cicero
26-02-2005, 10:31 PM
No, I mean it's set on en-nz, but this obviously doesn't link to display menus which still show the American spelling as mentioned. Running Win 98SE.
Righto...did you try tools...internet options...clicking language in general tab?
Type in box English (New Zealand) [en-nz]That with luck should take priority.

Jaybee
26-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Use Firefox, they call them "Bookmarks" in here

moldboy
27-02-2005, 06:36 AM
Use Firefox, they call them "Bookmarks" in here
LOL that's a good one.
But why does it matter, is it just a cosmetic issue?

(edit) I think you might beable to use resource hacker to change the names on the menues, never tried it, wouldn't try it myself, but if you are darring...

Randolf
27-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Yep, obviously one way out would be just to change browsers, but I don't want to do this.

I agree it's a cosmetic issue, and probably a bit whimsical, but I'm sick of putting up with the wrong spelling, explaining why to kids etc!

When you go into Internet properties/General/Languages/Change dialogue - there is only one option for display menus - English US. If you click on "add", you are directed to Microsoft Update Site which does not help. The previous screen - Web page content languages has heaps of language options.

Perhaps AMD1 is right, might need a Registry tweak to change.

Cicero
27-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Yep, obviously one way out would be just to change browsers, but I don't want to do this.

I agree it's a cosmetic issue, and probably a bit whimsical, but I'm sick of putting up with the wrong spelling, explaining why to kids etc!

When you go into Internet properties/General/Languages/Change dialogue - there is only one option for display menus - English US. If you click on "add", you are directed to Microsoft Update Site which does not help. The previous screen - Web page content languages has heaps of language options.

Perhaps AMD1 is right, might need a Registry tweak to change.
MMMMMM,when I click on add,a box comes up with user defined at bottom,in which to type NZ bit.but then I do have XP.

Cicero
27-02-2005, 09:48 AM
MMMMMM,when I click on add,a box comes up with user defined at bottom,in which to type NZ bit.but then I do have XP.
Or as a last resort you could ask here....

http://www.microsoft.com/nz/feedback/