PDA

View Full Version : I need links to my web page.

robsonde
25-02-2005, 10:18 PM
I am looking at getting my site more traffic by have a few people link to me.

what is the best way for me to get a few high traffic pages to link to me??

there are a few rip off sites out there that say "hand over your credit card and we will get you 100 links to your site". .......

what i want is a few real people who are in to the same kind of thing to link to my site.........

where is the best place to start?

Metla
25-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Where is a good place to start?

This thread is as good as any.

Have you contacted any other sites to discuss them making a link?

robsonde
25-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Where is a good place to start?

This thread is as good as any.

no :-)

the question is how to find sites that are a bit the same as mine but not competition to me.

Strommer
26-02-2005, 08:28 AM

I think what Metla is suggesting is that you contact sites that are similar to your's and ask if they can put a link (and you do the same). If you do not want to get involved commercially - which as you point out can be a rip off - then this is the best way to go. It takes time to search for the sites and not all sites will cooperate or even answer your email, but it seems to be the way to go.

Curious George
26-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Well, what is your site? Lets have a link!

netchicken
26-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Stick a link in the website forums here
http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/

Find similar places on other message boards, or people willing to trade links, if you make a links page. - However links pages rank low in google, as there are heaps of links and few keywords, so give them a paragraph of keywords with your link in them. - this works best with forums above as well.

The BEST method, in terms of google, is to make 1 page articles, with a link to your website, and sub pages on your website, in them. Let other websites post them on their sites, true articles which benefit their sites.

Google loves, it. Make them around your keywords, and only links to a few other sites, at the most, it will get high rankings in google for the topics you write about.

That gives google unique content of which all the keywords point to your site. Its the way the internet is meant to work.

netchicken
26-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Rob, you need to do some work on your site first.
There are no metatags as yet :)

Your style is very 1990's :)

Check out this
http://gritechnologies.com/tools/spider.go?q=www.theanswerguy.co.nz%2F

You need keyword text near the top of your page for the search engines to index.
This is what will get indexed in google
"The Answer Guy Member List All Questions Search: The 10 latest questions: Can elephants transmit sound waves through the ground? What colour..."

Some hints here
http://stuffucanuse.com/web_design/Search-engine-optimization-tips.htm

Jen
26-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Well, what is your site? Lets have a link!Robsonde's website link is in his signature. Now is a good time to point out that purely posting your website link just to gain traffic to it is against the forum rules.

Robsonde's link is OK in his signature as it is a personal, non-commerical site and he posts on this forum to help out, not as advertisement for his site. :)