PDA

View Full Version : Weird Email problem

pctek
25-02-2005, 09:05 PM
I have a problem not receiving a specific email. The email is auto-generated by the companys system and sends a password to the email address provided.
The company has tested it and it works fine with everyone except me apparently.
My ISP say the email is not even getting to their mail server which is why I then don't receive it.
The company does not get a bounced mail message or any error at all, it goes from their end fine.
They have my email address correct and I even watched them do it today.
But it never gets to me.
ANy ideas?
My ISP hasn't a clue nor does the company. Normal emails sent from the company come through fine.

Speedy Gonzales
25-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Have you got some kind of antispam program running/installed??

Safari
25-02-2005, 09:51 PM
If your ISP is not receiving it then the company needs to have a closer look at why it is not being sent from their mail server.

ninja
25-02-2005, 10:25 PM
What ISP?
Have you checked your spam folder?

Get them to send it to another address.

pctek
26-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Like I said. It does not come to my ISPs mail server. So whether I have a spam filter or not is irrelevant.
But I don't.
The message seems to (apparently) leave the companys system and then disappear before it gets anywhere.
They tried it to two email addresses of mine. Neither was received.
They tried it to their own personal eail addess and it was received.
My ISP can't do much as it doesn't arrive in their mail server at all.

Oxie
26-02-2005, 05:49 PM
pctek

A couple of thoughts ...

You may not have a spam filter, but your ISP may have. However, it sounds as if you have already spoken with them.

Does anyone else from your work have the same ISP, and if so, is there email getting through?

You say 'normal' emails from the company do get through. Does that mean it has something to do with the other emails being encrypted?

Has your work tried sending you the emails to a web-based address, eg Hotmail or Yahoo? If so, are you getting them there?

Oxie (Lyn)

pctek
26-02-2005, 06:54 PM
pctek

A couple of thoughts ...

You may not have a spam filter, but your ISP may have. However, it sounds as if you have already spoken with them.
Yes, its not their filter - it doesn't even reach their mail server.

Does anyone else from your work have the same ISP, and if so, is there email getting through?

You say 'normal' emails from the company do get through. Does that mean it has something to do with the other emails being encrypted?

Its an auto-generated email.

Has your work tried sending you the emails to a web-based address, eg Hotmail or Yahoo? If so, are you getting them there?
Not my work. One of my suppliers.
Their online ordering system works by having your email address as the logon and then it assigns a password (which can be chnaged after you log on).
The problem is that I have been set up on the system, then the system emails me my password. Which never arrives.
They have done a test by getting the system to do it to their own personal email addresses and it worked.
It just doesn't like me.
Bizarre.

Oxie (Lyn)

This is why neither my ISP nor this ocmpany can come up with an answer...

ninja
26-02-2005, 09:51 PM
My ISP can't do much as it doesn't arrive in their mail server at all.And you have 100% confirmed this with them?

This could be anything. The company mailing you could be in a BOGON IP range, they could just have a crap mail server/not know what they are doing/mistyped your address/done something else stupid.

We can't really guess with "My ISP" and "This company" - without details it's pure stabbing in the dark and conjecture.

pctek
26-02-2005, 10:19 PM
And you have 100% confirmed this with them?
Yes

This could be anything. The company mailing you could be in a BOGON IP range, they could just have a crap mail server/not know what they are doing/mistyped your address/done something else stupid.
I suspect one of the above to be honest. Particularly the "don't know what they are doing" suggestion.

We can't really guess with "My ISP"
Paradise

and "This company" -
Sorry but its just one of the smaller PC wholesalers.

without details it's pure stabbing in the dark and conjecture.

Safari
26-02-2005, 10:26 PM
It is possible you are downloading the email but you are not able to see them in your inbox.
If using Outlook Express got to View/Current View and select "View all messages"

If using Outlook got to View/Current view and select "Messages"

Also check this -
From the View menu, click Current View, and choose Customize Current View.
Click the Filter button.
Click the Clear All button.
Click the OK button.
Click the OK button again

pctek
26-02-2005, 10:31 PM
I use Mozilla. Not Firefox/Thunderbird, just Mozilla.
1.7.5 to be exact.

Paradise did not and have not received the mail through their server.
Therefore I cannot get it without it having passed through their server first.

THey were able to see all my other mail ttansactions that came and went over these several days.

The PC supply company must have the problem or its related to their system but as they say they were able to send this thing to others they don't want to know. SHort of proving its them, I'm stuffed.
Wouldn't care if it was just an ordinary mail, but its my login for online ordering - makes running my business slightly difficult if I can't logon, check prices etc.

pctek
26-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally hen I signed up for a dealer account this worked fine. I was sent the auto-generated password, logged on to their site and changed it. Fine until I changed my email address. As their system uses the email address as the username I notified them. By email. They emailed me back and said yes, its been changed. I wait for my auto-generated (new) password. It never arrives. I hassle them again. They say, its been sent 3 times now. I had to go down there to buy some parts (as I can't online order) and they did it again in front of me with me watching. All details correct.
Never came.
So I of course, think the same as memebers here - the spam filter ate it. I check on Paradises webmail, in the spam filter - nope no mails there. I ring them and ask them about it. Nope they never even had it arrive in their server in the first place. They could see all the other mails back and forth from the supplier ok.
So they say, its their fault.
I go back to the supplier and they then test it by having it generate a new password to a few of their own personal email addresses, hotmail etc. Works. SO they tell me Paradise is a liar and I should go back to them.
So I spend 3 days going around in circles while they both tell me its not their fault.
I'm out of ideas so I posted it here to see if there were any flashes of inspiration.
Its like any forum logon kind of thing. I have even done it this way: Go to their wesite and click the link that says "Forgotten password? Click here for a new one to be sent to your email address"
It never arrives. Not even into Paradises mail server.

drcspy
27-02-2005, 06:05 AM
create a new addy IE: hotmail or similar and try that .........

pctek
27-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Thats a bit tricky. As the email address is the login, they'd have to set up the system AGAIN with a new one. Already tried two.

Oxie
27-02-2005, 08:12 AM
Pctech

Third time lucky? I would create a Hotmail account (or similar) and get them to set it all up again. This way you will know if it is your ISP or the ones sending the email.

Oxie (Lyn)