PDA

View Full Version : Fujifilm S3000.help please

dianne
23-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Operating Windows 98 SE.
Problem.............digital camera freezes computer when trying to upload photos . I connect the usb to the computer, switch the camera on but instead of Finepix viewer automatically starting the pc freezes. Have tried alternative port on computer, same thing happens. If I disconnect the usb cable from the computer pc becomes active again.
Technician checked the computer for the problem and said the camera was the problem. The camera came back today from Fujifilm after having been repaired. They said it was the usb cable which plugs into the camera end and they repaired it. Is there anything else I can try. (Finepix Viewer and USB Flash Drvie is installed correctly as far as I :( know.

Murray P
23-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Whats the chances of Fuji having a bad batch of cables, you say they repaired it, not replaced the cable, bad repair? Can you get access to another one to test the connection?

Have you tried reloading the camara software? What happens if you start the sofware and try to detect the camera?

Shortcircuit
23-02-2005, 09:16 PM
This may be no help to you but I have the s602 model which uses the same finepix viewer. I was never able to get the finepix viewer to run on WinXP and solved the problem as follows:

Went to control panel> 'Add hardware' > cameras> fuji> and found a driver for Fuji MX700 then installed driver in scanner/camera folder.

In XP when you plug USB in, switch on camera and go to download photos the 'scanner and camera wizard' opens and you can download photos to the folder that you want.

I don't know if Win98 has the same scanner and camera wizard... I assume that you can add it onto Win98 if you don't have it.

You would also need Windows picture/fax viewer or some other photo program to view the images after saving them.

HTH

loweryg
23-02-2005, 09:17 PM
try start/run type in MSCONFIG go to tick selective startup then go to startup tab and take out ticks out all but systray apply then ok it will ask you to restart pc then try again if fails you can put the ticks back in

this will stop running programs in the background which could cause freezing your PC

hope this helps :)

quarry
23-02-2005, 10:05 PM
If all else fails, a card reader may help. Some software are just not compatible, no matter what you do. I have spent hours with numerous clients camera problems, regardless of OS, in the end it came to cost - me $200, a card reader $50.

godfather
23-02-2005, 10:11 PM
I agree with the above.

Expecting 100% compatability with an OS as old as 98 or 98SE proves to be optimistic at best.

All camera software should carry a health warning, particularly on the older OS.

Get a card reader that is known to work on 98SE, and all the problems are gone.

dianne
23-02-2005, 10:24 PM
The camera only went back to the manufacturer (on their instructions) When I first bought the camera the Finepix Viewer worked perfectly. I have uninstalled the Finepix Viewer and reinstalled it twice. I can open it manually but it will not recognise the camera. The programme doesn't give an option to download photos. It used to do this automatically. Don't know how to check to see if a driver is installed for it. In my computer in add hardware Finepix Viewer and Fuji USB Driver is listed. However, a small disc called USB Flash Driver came with the Finepix programme but when I put that in the drive nothing happens.What am I doing wrong? Sorry have such limited knowledge of these things

the highlander
23-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Uninstall all fuji software,then run the fuji cd that came with the cam. Install only the camera driver not the finepix bloatware. You will be asked to reboot. After rebooting plug the camera in and turn it on. Windows should recognise the camera and install it after a short interval.
Go to my computer, and you should see fuji s3000 listed there as either a removable drive or simply as s3000 camera, click on it and open it up and you should see a folder, open that and pictures will be in there. drag and drop them to wherever you want and open in image viewer of your choice. I suggest irfan view.
Fine view , even when it works is a heinous piece of software.

theother1
24-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I had the same (or similar) problem with my nikon camera when running W98SE. It seems that there was insufficient memory (RAM) for the computer to download the pics while a whole bunch of other stuff was running in the background.
Solution - get a new computer. I still have the old computer and I still have the problem when I do download pics to that computer.

beetle
24-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi ya,
I have have a Fuji S5000, (ok groan now!!!! i know you all know this now LOL).
and up till now kept out of this for lack of knowldge and explanation of the action of what to do is beyond me ...sorry.

But i dont use the finepix veiwer any more, to much fluff about it, too many options and yeah it does cause the odd problem or 2 or 3...:D

but i just use the plug and play idea, plug in camera and wait for comp to find it and open files from there, and go to edit and select all and move or copy to file i want them in and then use a photo prog to edit or open etc.
clear as mud?
very similar method to what highlander said.

works real good.
but i use XP so no idea if its similar on 98 SE sorry.

but yeah, i dont recomend using the bloat ware the finepix prog is.....

let us know how you get on.