PDA

View Full Version : 2 jetstream quessies...

csinclair83
21-02-2005, 12:12 PM
First thanks for helping with modemm location, ended up buying 2 ethernet cords, joined them together and now its great...

I been waiting on the phone for a hour and no answer, so thouguht i'd get a faster reply here....

The game serverrs located on xtra's jetstream page....playing on them do theey count towards your monthly bandwidth?

and same question....regarding NZ sites, as I knew some provide international gigabyte with NZ sites free....

i'm not worried if they are but since now i'm on a paying plan of my own....was usinig flatm8s one b4 he left and yea....so i needa know :)

chiefnz
21-02-2005, 01:13 PM
The game serverrs located on xtra's jetstream page....playing on them do theey count towards your monthly bandwidth?No it doesn't count towards ur monthly usage as it is a local server

and same question....regarding NZ sites, as I knew some provide international gigabyte with NZ sites free....Varies from ISP to ISP but generally NO, local sites do not count towards your monthly usage. It may pay to ask your ISP just o make sure

cheers

chiefnz

ninja
21-02-2005, 01:19 PM
No it doesn't count towards ur monthly usage as it is a local server
Not correct. Use of any games server, JS Games included is counted against your cap. The only time JS games is not counted is if you log specifically into the JS Games realm.

and same question....regarding NZ sites, as I knew some provide international gigabyte with NZ sites free....
If you're going through Telecom (not BitStream) you are definitely charged for national traffic. If you are through a BitStream ISP you'll need to check with them. Chances are it won't be.

csinclair83
21-02-2005, 01:37 PM
thanks for ur answers...i'm on the telecom 1gig plan...

and how do i log onto js game realm specicifcally? or shgould i just look at the js gamme site...

Chilling_Silence
21-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Change your username to user@jetstreamgames.co.nz when you log on to the internet