PDA

View Full Version : Email programs,

beetle
18-02-2005, 09:33 PM
OK, Hi all. :rolleyes:

Thinking of changing from OE to something else, Im sick of the lack of changability of it......boring bland program that it is........

Have tried Thunderbird yonks ago, but cant signiture it well enough for work. and also wasnt that fond of it. something didnt click.
Something that works ok with or in conjunction with mailwasher.

Something easy to use, easy to set up and not a resource hogger or virus catcher,

What do other people currently use, and why?
:dogeye:

beama
18-02-2005, 09:37 PM
kiwi made and it has wings, works with mailwasher too its Pegasus mail

Murray P
18-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Well I like TBird or Mozilla so that isn't going to help. Foxmail was one kicking around that some people liked, Pegasus Mail is supposed to be a good Outlook replacement, a Kiwi invention BTW.

ninja
18-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Thunderbird sigs up fine - you can pass it a little html file if you want a pretty colourful formatted sig, or a plain text file.

AMD1
18-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Thunderbird sigs up fine - you can pass it a little html file if you want a pretty colourful formatted sig, or a plain text file.

I am inclined to point you to Pegasus as a previous poster said. It works well and is different.

I have tried it and I use Outlook (part of Office)

That's just me. Do what you like.

ninja
18-02-2005, 10:31 PM
I am inclined to point you to Pegasus as a previous poster said. It works well and is different.Think that's supposed to be directed at Beetle.

I ain't changing mail programs for anyone.

tweak'e
20-02-2005, 09:12 AM
well i'm a eudora fan :) you can have in in the basic free mode, almost fully featured add supported mode or fully featured if you pay for it. http://www.eudora.com/

beetle
20-02-2005, 09:31 AM
LOL well mum use's Eudora too.....

Havent got any further ahead on the change, but will look at some googling time to check them out tho.

Thanxs for the help people.

:dogeye:

TonyF
20-02-2005, 09:51 AM
but will look at some googling time to check them out tho.

But Beetle, why go to Google when you have the combined wisdom of the Wanganui lot right on your doorstep, as it were ....

Greg
20-02-2005, 10:09 AM
well i'm a eudora fan :) you can have in in the basic free mode, almost fully featured add supported mode or fully featured

Eudora's great. And it's real easy to block the adverts in it's Pro version.

But I reckon Netscape (or Mozilla) Messenger has a cleaner, better defined interface.

Organicpete
20-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Hey Beetle
Give T'bird another try, its excellent these days...

as for Pegasus, I like to support NZ products so i've tried it a couple of times but it lasts about half an hour...
I find it so feature rich its just confusing
Pete

beetle
20-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Ok so im looking at Eudora and downloaded it and i have moved / imported OE stuff, but it opens them in new folder, not in the in, out and trash of Eudora, how can i move them to those files? is this possible?

apart from that things ok and smooth, and if i dont like it in a few days, next stop, pegasus, Thunderbird......you get the gist???

:lol:

Scouse
20-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Hi Beetle. OE can overcome the things you mention.... Thinking of changing from OE to something else, Im sick of the lack of changability of it......boring bland program that it is........ Have tried Thunderbird yonks ago, but cant signiture it well enough for work. You can create your own stationery, leterheads, backgrounds, etc. to the limit of your imagination. Despite all the fans of various others on offer, I find OE a magic programme. :cool:

beetle
20-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Can i get Eudora to minimise and stay in tray checking periodically?

and can i get it to only show the email itself not all the hangers on bit...such as, status, virus and other non improtant crap? what and where would i find these settings under?

how do other people have it set up then?????

i have mailwasher currently will it make it redundent soon???? :lol:

me