PDA

View Full Version : D drive now also E drive

gradebdan
15-02-2005, 09:23 PM
I always had on my comp. A...C.....and D(my cd drive), after a lot of of messing about,see my problems on"cda to mp3" reply no. 16, I suddenly have an extra drive icon called E . When I put an audio cd in my drive it appears on E (in my comp.) and the original D drive is empty. I would like to delete one of these surplus "drives" but which one and how. I feel it might have something to do with my deleting some audio software and playing with Nero. (Nero image drive??).

gradebdan
15-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Oops... Forgot to say.. Win 98SE..

gibler
15-02-2005, 10:29 PM
This thread (http://club.cdfreaks.com/lite/t-48913.html) seems to be what you are after.

gradebdan
17-02-2005, 09:27 PM
It looks like 'your' thread is the one as they are all complaining about extra :E: drives and Nero Image drive. I deleted Nero Image in ADD REMOVE PROGS but it did not solve my problem. I have not persued any further yet as I have a more pressing problem that started about the same time. When I start my comp it usually starts in Safe mode because "there is a problem with my display settings" The comp starts in 16 colours(not 16 bit) when I try to change this and the resolution I get a message that says; ODBC cant load the resource \Windows\System\ . What is going on?

gibler
17-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Run the msconfig program from your Run menu off the start menu.

It will show what programs are loading at Windows startup.

gradebdan
19-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi , I did STRT. RUN typed Msconfig, There are a number of tabs.
GENERAL: Should this be NORMAL, DIAGNOSTIC or SELECTIVE?
CONFIGSYS...all are checked
AUTOEXEC.BAT......all are checked
SYSTEM INI.........not checked
WIN INI........not checked
START UP... not checked
Not sure which to check and which not.
I am running on 16 colours at the mo. If I try and change the colours or resolution to anything else the comp.shuts down most times.

gradebdan
19-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi, I am going to start a new thread: ODBC can't load the resource\Windows\System\......I still can not alter my colours and res. without the comp. shutting down after showing theabove message.