PDA

View Full Version : I do Web Development and am looking for work, Anyone know marketing Statistics?

CreightonBrown
11-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I basically want to full in my spare time with more and more web development.

My utilisation is not so good because i get blank periods where i am being under utilised.

Does anyone have any tips for marketing or sales? Just so i can get more work to full in the blank times.

I am getting more and more xp all the time, but still i want more, my site is like www.digtalbuilder.co.nz which isn't the best but its a starting point...

Also how many web developers or other people can think of various ideas to get more work?

I also tried www.webdeveloper.co.nz previously or something like that but its fairly empty :-(

agent
11-02-2005, 06:19 PM
I seem to remember some controversy surrounding you on the old forum, do I not?

In any case, if you're a web developer who can't find work, you need to start looking. It's that simple.

CreightonBrown
11-02-2005, 06:21 PM

In any case, if you're a web developer who can't find work, you need to start looking. It's that simple.

What contraversy exactly? I believe i had complained twice about abuse towards me

agent
11-02-2005, 06:28 PM
I don't really care, but it left me with a bad impression of you. Maybe I'll have to do some searching to see if my impression is justified.

Back to the topic, I picked up a web development job by being subscribed to an email list for news. Easy enough to find work.

Metla
11-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Yeah,that was a doozy, Be interesting reading if you find it Agent.

bartsdadhomer
11-02-2005, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=CreightonBrown]I am getting more and more xp all the time, but still i want more, my site is like www.digtalbuilder.co.nz (http://www.digtalbuilder.co.nz/) which isn't the best but its a starting point...QUOTE]

Not a good look m8,
your site can't be found & I wouldn't use it to advertise my skills if it "isn't the best" customers will only want the best.

Sb0h
11-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Web Developers are in demand and work should be very easy to find, particularly if you have any experience with back end programming. My partner worked for a web design company and when she left on maternity leave she was inundated with offers to work from home. Forget about the "tutorials" and online training and go round some web design companies and get your foot in the door.

It's a matter of doing not dreaming.

Jen
11-02-2005, 06:55 PM
I don't really care, but it left me with a bad impression of you. Maybe I'll have to do some searching to see if my impression is justified.And what does this have to do with the price of bread? Let bygones be bygones. We are here to help each other. Please remember that part.

CreightonBrown
11-02-2005, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=CreightonBrown]I am getting more and more xp all the time, but still i want more, my site is like www.digtalbuilder.co.nz (http://www.digtalbuilder.co.nz/) which isn't the best but its a starting point...QUOTE]

Not a good look m8,
your site can't be found & I wouldn't use it to advertise my skills if it "isn't the best" customers will only want the best.

Fair comment, typo ;-) i'll edit it to digital builder

CreightonBrown
11-02-2005, 07:00 PM
What happened to edit on here?

CreightonBrown
11-02-2005, 07:02 PM
I don't really care, but it left me with a bad impression of you. Maybe I'll have to do some searching to see if my impression is justified.

Back to the topic, I picked up a web development job by being subscribed to an email list for news. Easy enough to find work.

What did you subscribe to?

agent
11-02-2005, 07:11 PM
For the record it was a list for alternative news. I won't give the specifics because it was really a one-off strike of luck that a request for help was sent to the list, and I responded. More to the point, you wouldn't get much luck because the whole thing revolves around volunteer efforts - I ain't getting paid for anything I do, but I'm fine with that.

If you want to subscribe to 20 odd lists or more like myself, feel free, but you should probably take the advice of other people. The work is out there waiting for you.

bartsdadhomer
11-02-2005, 08:17 PM
What happened to edit on here?
If you want to edit a post I think you only have 15mins till the edit function is disabled, stupid idea but there you go.
Link to digital builder (no homepage??)
http://www.digitalbuilder.co.nz/Services.asp

Chilling_Silence
11-02-2005, 09:45 PM
This is becoming more and more of a sales and marketing pitch, and while I am sympathetic to the cause, we have to draw a line....

People can PM you if they think they may have work, but Im inclined to kill this thread due to the mass-marketing I see.

Im a compassionate man, I'll sleep on it.

Chill.

ninja
11-02-2005, 10:48 PM
www.digitalbuilder.co.nz is difficult to navigate, the menu is hard to read/make sense of. Definitely not conducive to hiring a web designer.

I also find it amusing that you give out your bank account number, yet a fax number is "by request" :lol:

Anyway people who call themselves web designers are a dime a dozen, good, competent and talented web designers are rare. Not sure which category you fall into however I think you're in a pretty damn saturated market.

Edit: Now reading the 'Design Charge' page - that's making my brain bleed. Try opting for the simple routine.

Edit 2: "Prices in New Zealand Dollars. No GST is charged yet" - what does this mean? Prices exclude GST? You might want to get someone to reword most of the stuff on your site, the english is obfuscated as all hell.