PDA

View Full Version : Web page ncorrectly loading in Firefox 1.0

smurf
11-02-2005, 04:26 PM
This query relates to www.tvone.co.nz. Using my preferred browser Firefox 1.0, instead of loading correctly which it does when using Internet Explorer, this page loads incorrectly so that everything appears down the left hand side of the page with some print overprinting on other print. Can anyone help me with what may have caused this and how I can correct it. The problem is with only this web page.All others load correctly. Thanks Smurf

Rob99
11-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Try Refresh of F5, or complain to TV1

ninja
11-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Great. TVNZ are advertising KY WARMING LIQUID on the front of their webpage.

Whole page appears poked to me. Screw em - don't think it's your browser at fault.

Edit: It's poked in IE as well, their DB server must be down.

Laura
11-02-2005, 06:46 PM
TVNZ's website has never displayed properly to me in Firefox.

It starts with such a crazy annoying flicker I've given up on it until the web staff join the 21st century.

It's not your computer letting you down on this one...

mister harbies
11-02-2005, 06:52 PM
As far as I am concerned, Firefox is displaying correctly, because they follow the standards.

If it looks good in internet explorer, and appears to be displayed correctly, that might be so because they are not following standards, and that the website has been made incorrectly, hence the reason firefox displays it "wrong" when in fact it is being displayedlike that because firefox been told to do it like that to follow the standards.

The web designer for TVNZ or TVONE might be making the website without following the standards.

sal
11-02-2005, 06:57 PM
The page displays fine, it just flickers while loading which you cant help. Its a fault of moz/firefox - (Bugzilla - Animation Flicker (DHTML Regression (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=170702))