PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know how to connect laptop to a PC monitor?

chillyair
11-02-2005, 07:30 AM
My laptop's screen has recently broken, the system works fine but I can only see lots of white stripes on the screen. Is there any way to connect the laptop to a PC monitor so I can save my works from the broken laptop?

Thanks.

chillyair
11-02-2005, 07:33 AM
My laptop's screen has recently broken, the system works fine but I can only see lots of white stripes on the screen. Is there any way to connect the laptop to a PC monitor so I can save my works from the broken laptop?

Thanks.

[Edit: I have moved this duplicate post from the Chat forum and merged it with this thread. Please post a single thread in the correct forum - Jen (Moderator) ]

Obelix
11-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Is there the ability to plug in an external monitor via 15 pin connector at the back of the laptop. Most laptops have a 15 pin VGA adaptor at the back. You shoul dbe able to plug an external monitor there.

Zygar
11-02-2005, 07:44 AM
My laptop's docking station has a VGA port on the back. You may need to get one for your laptop. Wrong forum btw.

ninja
11-02-2005, 08:16 AM
Once it's plugged in, it's usually a keystroke like FN+F4 to switch displays.

ninja
11-02-2005, 08:17 AM
This doesn't need to be posted in multiple forums.

:mad:

iluvithot
11-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Normally if this is possible there will be little monitor images above say the F4 or F5 keys on your notebook, you may have to press a combination of FN and F4 and F5 to get it right, you may have to hold down the FN and F4 or F5 twice to get it to switch to monitor. Have you got the original manual, you may find the answer there, or you can visit the manufacturers website and download the manual from there.