PDA

View Full Version : My computer keeps crashing

LiverLad
09-02-2005, 04:42 AM
Hi
My computer keeps crashing randomly so I have to press the restart button on the CPU because neither the mouse or keyboard will work. But when the restart button is pressed the PC tries to restart but nothing "bleeps" or shows up on the Monitor screen.
So i hold the power button to close the PC down and then press it again to start the PC. but nothing comes on the screen.
If the monitor is turned on and off this appears on the screen:

" SELF TEST G
CHECK YOUR PC AND SIGNAL CABLE R
MONITOR IS WORKING B "

Then i keep turning the PC on and off and finally after a few times the PC will load and start running.

Can anyone explain to me what is happening because it is really annoying when i am in the middle of doing some work and my PC Crashes.
Thank you for your time

Mark :badpc:

johnboy
09-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Have a check to see if your monitor cable is not loose ??
hth

Rob99
09-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Have you installed any software lately

iluvithot
11-02-2005, 10:24 PM
If it's not lose, then its probably a dodgy video card!

cjongreen
11-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Yes...could be anything..i doubt its a graphics or a monitor problem.Thats the normal message you get when the thing ain't picking up input from the board...personally I'd be looking at testing the memory with memtest or reseating the stuff and also checking on the temperatures of your cpu and case.

cjongreen
11-02-2005, 11:05 PM
May also help when your posting questions to give us the type of mainboard your using as they all have various flaws that can be discoverd by visiting other forums which deal with those sorts of things...eg if it was a LanParty well you'd simply throw it in the bin.

gibler
12-02-2005, 12:50 AM
Check the capacitors on your motherboard (and vid card too). Look for signs of fluid leaking or bulging.

Also, your power supply unit by be playing up (borrow one from somewhere to check that theory out)...