PDA

View Full Version : Firefox loads page then goes to bottom of the page

mister harbies
01-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Hi fellow F1ers, been a while since I posted anything.

Coming back from my lovely holiday, I was dismayed to find that everytime Firefox 1.0 loads a page, it automatically goes to the bottom of the page. :horrified I have to scroll back up the to top of the page so I can read it from the top.

This has become annoying, and something must be done to fix it. What can and should I do? :confused:

Perhaps it is to do with the configuration file, or an extension? Would anybody know?

Thanks,

saikou
01-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Hi,
Does it load at the bottom or does it quickly jump to the bottom? If it's the latter, and if you have a mouse gestures extension installed, maybe that extension has gone a little mad? Try disabling it and restarting Firefox.

mister harbies
01-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Hi,

It loads from the top, and then quickly jumps to the bottom, and I don't have mouse gestures installed. No extensions are installed directly related with the mouse.

Jen
01-02-2005, 07:27 PM
A bit strange. Have you emptied out cache?

mister harbies
02-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Jen,

Emptied out the cache, but that did not help except make the pages load a bit slower heh.

Its still bothering me.

FoxyMX
02-02-2005, 12:27 PM
If it were me I would be uninstalling the whole lot and trying a fresh install. Don't forget to backup your bookmarks to somewhere safe first.

mister harbies
02-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Foxy,

Why did I not just think of that? I'll do that tonight, and will report back here.

Thanks,