PDA

View Full Version : One last one - hopefully

Shaun2005
01-02-2005, 08:29 AM
TCP/IP errors - what are they? - why are they? - and the big one - how do I stop them please?
After connecting to OE6 and downloading any emails and maybe a browse through a newsgroup - if I change the newsgroup an error stating that a TCP/IP error has stopped connection to the server.
After clicking OK - it then comes up saying that the server can no longer be found.
Ideas - and more importantly - fixes - greatly appreciated :help:

:badpc:

ninja
01-02-2005, 08:42 AM
Exact error messages would be of value.

Probably your firewall hosing something or OE hosing itself.

Speedy Gonzales
01-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Errr you're not using some kind of antispam program in OE are you Shaun??

For emails?

As for the newsgroups, are you sure you've entered the right server names in for whatever newsgroups?? None of these newsgroups need passwords do they? I know with some MS ones, you do, or you wont get into it!

I get the odd/occassional error when looking through newsgroups. BUT I cant say its been that TCP/IP one. I wouldnt worry too much about it.

I wouldnt be surprised if the ISP's server somewhere is screwed up

Obviously, they'll deny any knowledge of this!

Shaun2005
01-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys.
Ninja - The error just states that "A TCP/IP error has prevented connection to the server" - thats it.
Morning Speedy - to the best of my knowledge there isn't any antispam ware running anywhere on my pc - I haven't even had a chance to re-install AVG7 - was trying to iron out any bugs for I loaded all the rest of the stuff that I used to run.
The news server is as discussed before "news.paradise.net.nz" and then subscribing to the ones that "appeal" - so whether it's at their end who knows