PDA

View Full Version : Screen is blank on startup

ARPatel
30-01-2005, 07:02 AM
I was previously having a problem with my computer, and decided to uninstall and (try to) reinstall the driver software. I went on the computer with the driver software gone, but my computer froze and i had to turn the computer off. I started up and the screen is absolutely blank. Nothing comes up, but some message that says the monitor is in safe mode. So I obviously can not go back in at all and do anything. Would anyone know the solution to this problem? Thank you.

drcspy
30-01-2005, 07:28 AM
change the vid card.......

ARPatel
30-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Well, I was hoping for a solution besides that. Would there be any other solutions?

Shin
30-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Can'T it be your Fan?
If it's not working it can crash the pc/monitor[monitor has it's own air system.. It might be blocked or sth]

Jen
30-01-2005, 08:40 AM
I was previously having a problem with my computer, and decided to uninstall and (try to) reinstall the driver software.What was your previous problem? What driver did you uninstall? This most likely will be revelent to your current issue.

Have far does Windows boot until you get the message about safe mode or is this happening straight away? Have you tried your monitor on another computer?

ARPatel
30-01-2005, 09:03 AM
The issue i previously had was this error where, a blue screen would come up if i hadn't used the computer for 15 minutes. It had an error message Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I'm sure that this is what is causing this problem as well. And the safe mode thing on the monitor comes right as i turn my computer on. The monitor still shows nothing. I may try to use another monitor on here or try this monitor on another computer.

ARPatel
30-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Well, I just tried the monitor on this computer, and it's working, so it's definitely not the monitor. I still can't believe this happened. Yesterday, my computer froze a lot from the Driver_IRQL problem. It froze before I was able to reinstall all of the video card software, and this is where I had to turn off the computer, turn it on again, and got the blank screen. :(

4bes
30-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Are you using a graphics card, or the onboard graphics?
If you are using a card, I would try removing it and booting with the onboard graphics. Hopefully it should load the default VGA drivers and get you back into windows where you can finish cleaning out your old graphic card drivers.

ARPatel
30-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I am using a graphics card, and may try removing it.