PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Easy share

Cicero
28-01-2005, 10:21 AM
I downloaded Easy share,in an attempt to sort out friends camera.

Have now removed same,using all the facilities at my command,add and remove,jv16 power tools etc,but still it has taken over my pics in documents,now when I go to open,it says I don't have app. key to open.
Each of the pics shows up with Kodak Logo in doc,s.
Thank you one and all.

Murray P
28-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Assuming win2k or XP, have you tried: Right click an image file > Open With > Choose Program > scoll down the resulting list to the programme you want to use as your default image viewer/editor, highlight it and check the tick box that says "Always use this program to open these files". If your programme is not listed, hit the Other button and browse to the Program Files\WhateveritisFolder\Whateveritis.exe and double click, click your way out with OK.

Also, with Windows Explorer open (not IE) click the Tools menu > Folder Options > File Types tab > scroll down to Kadak Easy Share and related files (careful) > highlight then hit the delete button. You can also set what your image files open with here.

Back up then, clean the Registry of all instances of Kodak Easy Share. Be careful, there are probably Kodak files that are perfectly legitimate. If things go bung, restore the Registry and try again.

Cicero
28-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Assuming win2k or XP, have you tried: Right click an image file > Open With > Choose Program > scoll down the resulting list to the programme you want to use as your default image viewer/editor, highlight it and check the tick box that says "Always use this program to open these files". If your programme is not listed, hit the Other button and browse to the Program Files\WhateveritisFolder\Whateveritis.exe and double click, click your way out with OK.

Also, with Windows Explorer open (not IE) click the Tools menu > Folder Options > File Types tab > scroll down to Kadak Easy Share and related files (careful) > highlight then hit the delete button. You can also set what your image files open with here.

Back up then, clean the Registry of all instances of Kodak Easy Share. Be careful, there are probably Kodak files that are perfectly legitimate. If things go bung, restore the Registry and try again.

Absolutely marvelous Murray,thank you.

bartsdadhomer
28-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Use picasa