PDA

View Full Version : DSE XH1169 & MIRC

soundwiz
26-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Can someone please help me in geting the DCC in MIRC to work with a DSE XH1169 router ,it will work with a normal adsl modem ,but not the XH1169.
I know it must be a port problem ,but had no luck fixing it.I can DCC files to the other pc's on my home network no prob, but not to outside users. :help:
Thanks Johny

Speedy Gonzales
26-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Have u added the DCC ports to the router? (if u have to, well u may have to)

If you're using Mirc 6.16, go to file menu/connect submenu/options/advanced. The first and last ports (for dcc) may have to be added to the router.

Also, if you have XP and its firewall is ON, you'll have to either disable XP's firewall, or add ident and the dcc ports to XP's firewall.

soundwiz
26-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Tried that ,but no luck .
Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
26-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Are any other firewalls installed / enabled? XP's if u use it? Zonealarm?

agent
26-01-2005, 02:11 PM
I'd like to know if you frequently get disconnected from MSN Messenger or other IM applications, and if downloads sometimes stop for no apparent reason, as this may be relevant.

soundwiz
26-01-2005, 05:50 PM
No problems with other programs ,windows firewall off .In the router settings should I be using TCP or UDP.
Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
26-01-2005, 05:59 PM
TCP

ninja
26-01-2005, 07:34 PM
http://www.portforward.com/dse/XH1149.htm - from memory this is similar.

and of course:

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=mIrc+dcc+ports&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

soundwiz
27-01-2005, 12:22 AM
Thanks.
I got it to work by runing it in PP Half Bridge Mode,but by doing that I have lost the internet conection to the other pc on the network. If I add a Ethernet switch to add the other pc ,would it still work in PP Half Bridge Mode or would I be back where I started from.

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Another thing with dcc is, once u connect to a mirc server, if (under file menu/connect/local info/local host, IF it says the name of your PC (like My PC, or whatever you've called your computer), DCC wont work either.

The server has failed to resolve your DNS, so if u notice the above, you have to re-connect to a server, and get the following (below this) BEFORE dcc will work.

IT HAS to have something like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.yourisp or similar for DCC to actually work under the local host entry in Mirc.

Its like DCC on this PC I'm on. It works fine, if I dialup on this computer, BUT when this computer is going thru the other PC (which can also dialup) on a network, it doesnt work. Not too sure why. I've disabled NIS 2005 on this and XP SP2's firewall. I still cant DCC. I've even added ports to XP's firewall even tho its OFF, it still doesnt work.

BUT a mate of mine did do a simple alias, that I've got in my aliases, which allows me (when I'm going through the other PC), to use DCC.

The only thing is, the person I'm sending whatever to thru DCC, I have to ask for their IP Address before I send whatever. BUT it works.

krival96
01-04-2005, 10:07 PM
u can try upgrading to the latest version which is available on dse.co.nz for xh1169 model. The latest firmware gives u more control with firewall, port nos etc.