PDA

View Full Version : Conference.

Nomad
25-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi,

I have tried Yahoo Messenger which worked pretty well on 56k via voice conference.

I have initially tried out MSN Messenger, it is slow motion while conferencing someone else from Wellington to Christchurch. I have tried this with overseas and they can hear me thou I cannot hear them. Someone from Chc can conference with that person perfecdtly thou, he is also with 56k connection. What is the problem here?

Aslo, when I use MSN and use the invite to Netmeeting function. How do you use it? Netmeeting opens up and nothing happens, how do people connect? Via the initial stage I have also filled in those information that was required.

Thanks.

Nomad
25-01-2005, 06:52 PM
The person who is overseas is on 256k BB.
The person from Chc is on 56k dialup.

Speedy Gonzales
25-01-2005, 07:31 PM
With netmeeting there were a list of servers to conference with whoever, but netmeeting and its servers are pretty ancient / dead now.

It wasnt that great either. I wouldnt bother wirh netmeeting.

Altho i think u can also contact with people in Netweeting thru their ip address. BUT then you have to find out what their IP address is in order to get them,

What version of MSN messenger were you using?? I think its upto 6.2 and 7 beta something at the mo. If you cant hear them at all, it could be a firewall setting, if u use one, or a volume setting, its too low.

KiwiLinc
25-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Tried Skype? http://skype.com/

~sy~
25-01-2005, 08:36 PM
I would continue to solely use Yahoo Messenger. I use video/voice conferencing approx. once a week. MSN was causing me too much grief, no -nothing to do with firewall as I disabled it all. Now I use Yahoo full time and love it.

Nomad
25-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Yeah Yahoo works for us. We can do multiple people conference with that too.
Just with Netmeeting the dan thing just open and does nothing. I get no message nor does it try to connect with the person I invited with MSN Messenger. You would of thought if MS had integrated MSN Messenger and Netmeeting together right...

Yeah I am with MSN Messenger 6.2.
Don't think its the volume cos under the taskbar I have set the speaker and mic to all max as well as on MSN Messenger itself, I was also using headsets. It works fine with the dude in Chc who is on 56k (the same as me) thou someone overseas on 256k can hear me but I cannot hear them. MSN Messenger 56k to 56k (within NZ) is also v slow motion.

I guess Yahoo is the way now :)