PDA

View Full Version : Case cooling

Tux
24-01-2005, 06:58 PM
hi there, looking for an adequate case fan that is reasonably quiet. can anyone suggest brands or places i could look. Also, is it possible to replace the fan in my psu with a quieter one? ITs a 450w that came stock with my fairyland f1 case from c1computer
Thanks

the highlander
24-01-2005, 08:04 PM
If it can take it a 120 mm case fan is larger, slower , quieter and pushes more air through thyan your standard 80mm fan
As for your psu fan. I woudn't dick with it.
A. Nasty things happen inside psu's, Crispy critters and unexpected flying leaps across the room.
B. A quieter fan on your psu probably woudn't push through the air as fast as is required and a psu is not something you want overheating.
c: Do it wrong and your comp goes into meltdown and bang goes any insurance claim due to dicking around with high voltage components.
Pessismistic I know but when it comes to power supplies I'm your glass is half empty type.

chiefnz
25-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Yeah don't mess with your PSU. If you wan't a quiter one then rather spend the $$$ on a store bought one.

Pessismistic I know but when it comes to power supplies I'm your glass is half empty type.
Yes indeed... I say the glass is too big!!!