PDA

View Full Version : Help installing new fonts!!

miknz
22-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi,

I am trying to get our wedding invites together, I have mail merged all the names etc and now need to instal a new font I have downloaded off the net but cant seem to get it installed into my Fonts folder. It is a TTF type and when I try to cut and paste it into my C:/Windows/Fonts it doesnt show up and I cant figure out how to get it to appear in my "font select" window in MS Word.

Running XP Home and word 97

Cheers

Mike

Rob99
22-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Try a few other methods of getting it into the folder. eg. drag 'n' drop etc etc

Try a reboot

Try downloading again and specifing the fonts folder

miknz
22-01-2005, 08:17 PM
have done the drop and drag thing, does word use the windows "font" folder?

Catweazle
22-01-2005, 08:18 PM
When you try adding the font to the fonts folder, does the font installation window come up? If not, it may be a corrupt file. I've had that a few times.

Rob99
22-01-2005, 08:21 PM
does word use the windows "font" folder?I belive it does as do most other programs.

miknz
22-01-2005, 08:35 PM
When you try adding the font to the fonts folder, does the font installation window come up? If not, it may be a corrupt file. I've had that a few times.

No i dont get this but I can click on the font and view it, why is nthing ever easy!!!!

the highlander
22-01-2005, 08:56 PM
If its in a zip file unzip it to my docs or wherever then go to my computer and navigate to c: drive, windows folder, fonts folder then up top click on file / install new fonts and navigate to wherever you unzipped the fonts to and select them.

zqwerty
22-01-2005, 09:13 PM
the highlander has told you the correct method, except go to Control Panel then open the Fonts folder then File "instal new font etc"

miknz
22-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks to all that help but I found the problem, I missed the "extract to folder link in the top left of the window. It seems I found a new XP trick tonight. I did not have to click "add new font"

Cheers

Someone who is fairly new to xp

SAlexander
11-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Hi, I am trying to get our wedding invites together, I have mail merged all the names etc and now need to instal a new font I have downloaded off the net but cant seem to get it installed into my Fonts folder. It is a TTF type and when I try to cut and paste it into my C:/Windows/Fonts it doesnt show up and I cant figure out how to get it to appear in my "font select" window in MS Word.

Also you can use the specialized software, for example, Advanced Font Viewer. (http://www.styopkin.com/details_advanced_fonts_viewer.html) For preview and install uninstalled fonts.

miknz
11-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the help but I aced this problem back in January!!!