PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't turn on.

Cicero
22-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Went to turn on computer as usual,all I got was a repetitive start through to Go Back,then will turn off in 5 secs and so on and so fourth,presumably it would have gone on infinitum.Thanks to go Back was able to go back till mid day and all is well.
What is afoot?
XP 1.5 512 40.

Prescott
22-01-2005, 06:48 PM
huh? :illogical

Shortcircuit
22-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Went to turn on computer as usual,all I got was a repetitive start through to Go Back,then will turn off in 5 secs and so on and so fourth,presumably it would have gone on infinitum.Thanks to go Back was able to go back till mid day and all is well.
What is afoot?
XP 1.5 512 40.

I agree with Prescott.

otherwise a foot is 12" or a digitised member.

Sounds like something got corrupted between shut down, start up and go back.

If you haven't lost any files/settings keep your digits crossed that it doesn't happen again again and go forward.

sambaird
22-01-2005, 08:52 PM
huh? :illogical
im confused 2

Cicero
22-01-2005, 11:24 PM
I agree with Prescott.

otherwise a foot is 12" or a digitised member.

Sounds like something got corrupted between shut down, start up and go back.

If you haven't lost any files/settings keep your digits crossed that it doesn't happen again again and go forward.
Sorry if I wasn't clear,but I think you are right,re corruption somewhere in shutdown and as long as it doesn't happen again who gives a toss? :D

I hope you are familiar with the word afoot,it means something on the way,sort of underway.

Kame
22-01-2005, 11:44 PM
afoot, hmm... It's kinda like the beginning of something, like you're expecting something to begin. Maybe the start of more problems to come...

Well, if you can't determine what caused the problem, then you might be about to hit it again and again, and eventually the problem could grow bigger. Might be time to do some indepth diagnostics and have backups already made, or to maybe save the trouble and hope it's only software related, make backups and reformat and clean the system out.

What I suggest... 'expect the unexpected' for now, so be prepared for the worse and make sure you can recover from it. Who knows maybe it was just corruption during shutdown, there's nothing suggesting that this isn't possible.

Kame

Cicero
22-01-2005, 11:49 PM
afoot, hmm... It's kinda like the beginning of something, like you're expecting something to begin. Maybe the start of more problems to come...

Well, if you can't determine what caused the problem, then you might be about to hit it again and again, and eventually the problem could grow bigger. Might be time to do some indepth diagnostics and have backups already made, or to maybe save the trouble and hope it's only software related, make backups and reformat and clean the system out.

What I suggest... 'expect the unexpected' for now, so be prepared for the worse and make sure you can recover from it. Who knows maybe it was just corruption during shutdown, there's nothing suggesting that this isn't possible.

Kame

Might have been better to have said something amiss.
Thanks for that Kame,will keep my eye open and hope there is no repitition.
Just started now ok.

Tux
23-01-2005, 12:33 AM
i had similar issues but with start up

Cicero
23-01-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm confused 2

This can happen!,breath deeply and repeat,I must concentrate,with luck a certain clarity will emerge. ;)