PDA

View Full Version : USB thumb drive, win98 drivers.

robsonde
21-01-2005, 01:55 PM
I now own 4 diffrent USB thumb drives.

all work under XP with no drivers needed.

none work under win98 with out the right drivers, all need diffrent drivers.

is there such a thing as a universal driver for win9X thumb drives??

one driver to rule them all??

the highlander
21-01-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm in the same boat. I've looked hard for one myself and am still looking.

merlin
21-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Try here

http://www.hitex.com/products.html?con_usbio.html~content

Also Panasonic make a universal dos usb driver

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10215

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
- Will Rogers

the highlander
21-01-2005, 05:17 PM
that first link doesn't like firebird
opening it in ie :eek: :yuck: :annoyed:
and i cant spot it

merlin
21-01-2005, 05:44 PM
USBIO

For all devices which do not fit in a standard USB class, a special driver is needed. Writing this driver requires special knowledge about the Win32 driver model and kernel mode programming. The universal USBIO Driver replaces this time-consuming development with a standard Windows API like interface which is easy to learn and easy to use.

The USBIO Driver can be included in your product without runtime fees in different license models.

Version 2.0 released with USB2.0 support and more features:
<ul>
<li>The USB 2.0 standard is supported now. USBIO supports low-speed, full-speed, and high-speed mode.
<li>USBIO supports the platforms Windows 2000 SP3 and Windows XP SP1.>
<li>There are separate driver executables for Windows 2000/XP and Windows 98/ME. This is required to support WHQL certification.
<li>New API requests have been added to support statistical analysis of the data traffic on an endpoint.
<li>A Cleanup Wizard is included. This wizard allows complete deinstallation of the USBIO device driver. Deinstallation includes removal of INF files and registry entries.
<li>The test application USBIOAPP has been improved.</li>
</ul>

Please look at the demo versions:
<a href="download/usbio/con_usbio.html">USB Demo</a>
The USBIO Demo version enables you to evaluate the USBIO driver and to test all its functions. The contents of the demo package and its functionality correspond to those of the full USBIO driver. However, the demo version is time-limited.

Restriction: After the USBIO device driver has been started it can be used for 20 minutes. Then all function calls will be rejected and the computer must be rebooted in order to use the demo again.
<a href="download/usbio/con_usbio.html">USBIO Light Demo</a>
USBIO Light is a limited functionality version of the USBIO driver, available free of charge. You can download the USBIO Light package below. Please refer to the license agreement included in the download package for detailed conditions of use.

Restrictions: Please refer to the <a href="download/usbio/data/USBIOlight_LicenseAgreement.pdf">USBIO-light License Agreement</a><font size=2>

TonyF
21-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Also have a look at http://www.usbman.com/win98seusbguide.htm