PDA

View Full Version : NAV + Exclamation mark = bad?

Edward
21-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone. A couple of days ago I tried a program (WINSelect) but found it didn't do what I wanted. Uninstalling dodn't work, so I did a System Restore (XP Home). But after I did that NAV ceased to work. Undoing the restore didn't cure it. What happenes now is that it loades up, but the icon in the system tray has a yellow circle with a mancing black exclamation mark on it. If i right click on it and select "Enable realtime protection", it'll only stay like that for 2 seconds. In the services window the Antivirus service is off.

It's Norton Antivirus Corporate version 2000. I don't have the exe to install it, and I don't want to use the version on the mobo CD as with Corporate I don't have to pay each year for updates. I have it's license key, so if I have to download it again and put in a valid key I'll just use the one I'm using at the moment. It's version os 7.60.926. Is there a tool on the symantec site that I can use to fix it? (I can't get it right now...)

Thanks, Edward :@@:

johnboy
21-01-2005, 11:46 AM
have a look at this page
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/pfdocs/2003091710234206?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=2.1%2C1
hth

tweak'e
21-01-2005, 12:09 PM
nortons 2000 is very old, was never disigned to run on XP (i'm suprised it even runs). it will have problems with detecting and removeing the later virus's. frankly your better off to get rid of it and install a free antivirus such as AVG.

Edward
21-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Well it said Copyright 2000, but aside from version 7.60 I don't know what it is :@@:

Edward
21-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Ad-aware detected and removed a lop, so I hope that was the cause...

Edward
21-01-2005, 08:46 PM
An update: I got Dad to bring home the Norton Corporate CDs so I could reinstall. The reinstall process didn't think I was an administrator, so I uninstalled it and installed it (On the D: Drive; freeing up vital space on C:). No I've copied the CD and am installing it on the old computer. :thumbs:

Cicero
21-01-2005, 09:44 PM
An update: I got Dad to bring home the Norton Corporate CDs so I could reinstall. The reinstall process didn't think I was an administrator, so I uninstalled it and installed it (On the D: Drive; freeing up vital space on C:). No I've copied the CD and am installing it on the old computer. :thumbs:

You weren't the polceman in ,ello ello were you?
Goog mooning!I was pissing by etc.

Edward
21-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Crap, that was supposed to be "Now I've copied the CDs and installing them on the old computer" :horrified