PDA

View Full Version : Opening PSP file in My Documents

astikali
21-01-2005, 06:32 AM
Computer crashed and I used System Restore Disks from Dell to put puter back to the way it was when I got it. I have Win XP Home on a dell dimension 8300 with 1.5 somethings of memory and 250 somethings hard drive. I use PSP 7,8 & 9. I'm retired and know nothing about the computer. After reinstalling everything, I downloaded a few "tubes" for PSP and when I went to open them in the MY Documents file called Tubes, all I got was a PSP icon type picture of each one instead of the thumbnail print of each one. I can't remember if I had to do something in order to be able to see them in My Documents and can't seem to find anything out on the net and am going crazy. I went to explore and .psp is listed as a file type. I'm not going to install any more stuff until I can fix this problem. Help, Please
:confused:

Speedy Gonzales
21-01-2005, 08:05 AM
I would remove PSP 7 and 8 ( if there are no picture tubes, in either 7, or 8's folders), and keep PSP 9.

I dont think tubes are actually pictures. Thats why u cant see a pic.. In PSP 9, you create a new image and click on the 12th icon on the lefthand side (it looks like an eraser, with 3 dots under it). Hover the mouse over it, it'll tell u thats the picture tube icon. Theyre just fancy things u can add to pictures.

johnboy
21-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Have a look at this page scroll down to file won't open.
http://www.graphicallusions.com/tutorials/images/tuts/tips.html

hth

Chilling_Silence
21-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Use IrfanView to open them - The best picture viewer in the world!

Tiny download, less than 1MB too :D