PDA

View Full Version : MY LOCAL D: DRIVE WENT TO A REMOVABLE D: DRIVE!! HELP!

(V)uzaq(V)an
21-01-2005, 02:06 AM
Hello All!

I hope I am asking in the right forum but here is my problem....

I came home from work today and was going to save something in my "Local D:" drive. When I went to save it it showed up as a "Removable Drive".

I can not access this drive and it is imperative that I access it as "ALL" my work files are on this drive.

I am running the Windows 2000 Pro Operating System.

YOUR HELP IS REQUESTED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Also, what would cause this to happen?????

Thank you.

(V)uzaq(V)an

Rob99
21-01-2005, 02:32 AM
How is it conected to your computer?

Do you have System Restore?

(V)uzaq(V)an
21-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I am using windows 2000 pro without system restore..I really wish there were a restore...lol, that would help!

I put the computer in safe mode, when I checked the drive to see if it was local or removable it was a local. So thinking I could get in I hit the local disk D: and it gave me the same message..."THE DISK IN DRIVE D IS NOT FORMATTED. DO YOU WANT TO FORMAT NOW".

So here I am back at square one.

:groan: HHHHHHH EEEEEEE LLLLLLL PPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :groan:

robsonde
21-01-2005, 02:39 PM
what did you change?? have you installed any new hardware or software??

robsonde
21-01-2005, 02:39 PM
is it an external drive??

IDE? or SATA??

(V)uzaq(V)an
21-01-2005, 05:12 PM
:help: :help:

No new hardware or software installed.
It is an "Internal Drive" and is an IDE.
Came home from work turned my computer on and thats when I noticed it was a removable drive instead of a Local drive.

I booted up in safe mode, went into My Computer and the drive showed as a Local. So I clicked on the drive and and it said "The disk in drive D is not formatted, would you like to format now".

I am completely lost with this at this point! :groan:

:help: :help:

beama
21-01-2005, 06:00 PM
What is the hard drive being detected as in the bios, press F1 or delete key on boot donot change anything in there just tell us what your bios is detecting the drive as.
Another question how old is your pc ?

(V)uzaq(V)an
23-01-2005, 05:52 AM
Okay here is the verdict......

It turns out the hard drive is fizzled. I am currently in the process of retreiving the files from the D: drive with badcopy pro.
It's a format!

Thanks for the help and suggestions...I appreciate your time guys!

deaddybear
22-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Okay here is the verdict......

It turns out the hard drive is fizzled. I am currently in the process of retreiving the files from the D: drive with badcopy pro.
It's a format!

Thanks for the help and suggestions...I appreciate your time guys!

BadCopy Pro rocks with things like that. I've recovered my entire 60 GB Maxtor with it. Buy the way, if you did not purchase it yet, go to Froogle first, because discounts are out there. For instance, this is where I got it at 10% off
http://www.deprice.com/badcopypro.htm
PriceGrabber might be a good place, too.