PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Monitor Problem!

Tribomb
21-01-2005, 12:17 AM
I just put in a new monitor and set the screen resolution to the correct settings. I was playing Battlefield and when I started to load the game the screen went black and a message popped up saying "ATTENTION CANNOT DISPLAY THIS VIDEO MODE CHANGE COMPUTER DISPLAY INPUT TO 1280 X 768 @ 60 Hz" I restarted the computer as I could no longer see what I was doing. When Windows loaded that same message came up. How can I possibly put these settings back to normal as I cannot see what I am doing Plus Why did this happen?. I am running Win 98 Second Edition. It is a 17" Flat panel Phillips Monitor. Thanks .
By the way my friend is doing this for me becuause I cannot do anything on my computer! :thumbs:

Tux
21-01-2005, 12:23 AM
what graphics card, and what machine, i.e cpu etc

Tux
21-01-2005, 12:26 AM
just from what you have said, i suspect your graphics card isnt up to providing that quality of display so is reducing it automatically, and or the refresh rate is not high enough (something i highly doubt),

Metla
21-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Boot into safe mode and reset your display properties,or alternativly plug in your old screen and do it.

Then run all your games and make sure each is set at a resolution your new screen can handle.