PDA

View Full Version : Wireless connection

hiaw
20-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Hi,

I was having this problem lately and I don't know how to resolve, maybe someone can shine some light.

I've been leaving my computer on the whole day downloading, but what is really strange is that time to times, the wireless will be disconnected for no reason and would not reconnect until i restart the computer. It just ticks me off thinking that my download would have finish when i reach home just to find out that my computer been sitting there doing nothing at all.

PS: I use wireless to connect to the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

whetu
21-01-2005, 01:33 AM
who is your wireless provider?
reach? nzwireless.co.nz? woosh? wiredcountry (ihug)?

have you called your wireless provider?

hiaw
21-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Oh sorry, I should have clarify. I use the orcon broadband connected to a router connected to a wireless access point and my laptop connects to the wire access point to go online.

berryb
21-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Depending on the type of access point, there could be a setting to alter the connection settings. Check out your manual and the access points website for help. I had trouble with my wireless until I changed a couple of settings.

Speedy Gonzales
21-01-2005, 10:32 PM
What version of windows are u running this wireless network on??

If XP is SP2 installed? And this computer that keeps disconnecting. Is it the main PC for the net? Or a networked PC?

hiaw
22-01-2005, 09:08 AM
I use Windows XP Pro with SP2. This is a networked PC but it can connect to the internet even if the main PC is off because I use an external modem router.

This PC is a toshiba laptop. I used to be able to keep the connection going 24 hours a day without disconnecting. But lately, it just keep disconnect me and wouldn't let me reconnect until I restart.

berryb
22-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Are you restarting the router, laptop or both? If laptop only then it has to be related to the laptop. Look at power settings to see if anything is set to shutdown/sleep. If it the router then my other post still stands.