PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Webpages down?

supergran
20-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Is anyone else having trouble accessing Paradise homepages?

superoman
20-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Yes cannot access them also

supergran
20-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Thats good, glad it isn't just me! Thanks

Safari
20-01-2005, 09:05 PM
They work fine for me

supergran
20-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Well I keep getting a timed out error message and half for the last hour or so. Yet I can access everything else I want.

theother1
20-01-2005, 09:48 PM
It is all working for me and faster than normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninjabear
21-01-2005, 01:21 AM
No problems here

personthingy
21-01-2005, 09:28 AM
ChCh cable (telstra-paradise) has ground down to appalling speeds, i'm trying to run up2date to update my fedora system, and the damn thing is generally frozen in time!

mumble grumble

PF1 is still crawling along at the usual pace though!

:eek:

ninja
21-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Still unavailable from here. Perhaps people should post what ISP they are using for those that can/can't get it to see if a pattern emerges.

CityLink here.

Edit: Can't get it from Paradise either.

supergran
21-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Found this on the Paradise homepage,

"There is currently an outage on the Paradise server 'vanessa.paradise.net.nz'

This server is responsible for most web hosting services on the Paradise.Net network.

It is also causing some load balancing issues across the other servers, so there may also be some mail delays when sending email.

Technicians are solely focusing on getting this resolved as quickly as possible without causing loss of data.

As soon as a resolution time is known this page will be updated" :confused:

[/quote]
21-01-2005, 11:05 PM
"There is currently an outage on the Paradise server 'vanessa.paradise.net.nz'
Paradise user homepages are served from britney rather than vanessa.

Anywho - seems a security issue is the problem at Paradise:
http://www2.paradise.net.nz/security_update/news.html

Security issue - email and web hosting

A small number of Paradise.net customers may have have experienced email delays and web-hosting problems on Thursday January 20th and Friday January 21st.

Early Thursday morning some Paradise email was delayed. Our security people detected a security threat and disconnected a server to preserve the integrity of Paradise.net.

This server will be reconnected shortly and backlogged email should be delivered this afternoon (Friday January 21).

As part of our security precautions we also disconnected hardware which hosts Paradise web pages. We have been working round the clock to ensure the hardware can be reconnected with no risk to Paradise.net or Paradise users. We expect to restore web pages this evening.

We know that an external party has attempted to interfere with Paradise.net. This attempt was picked up and immediate steps were taken to avoid any further impact on Paradise.net customers.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these very necessary steps have caused. Our approach, as always, is to take firm steps to preserve the security of Paradise.net and protect our customers.

the team at Paradise.net